Aquarium Outfitters Storewide Sale - May 16-20th
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > North Carolina

Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
JCoxRocks
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (29/100%)

Aquarium Outfitters Storewide Sale - May 16-20th

Just got an email from the folks at Aquarium Outfitters (Wake Forest, NC). They are doing a storewide sale. The email reads:

Aquarium Outfitters Storewide Sale begins today May 16 and ends closing time May 20.

EVERYTHING in stock is 10-20% OFF, with some additional items being 50% OFF. And we do mean EVERYTHING IN STOCK IS ON SALE!

Enjoy the savings and thank you for your patronage.

The Staff at Aquarium Outfitters

Aquarium Outfitters
Phone: (919) 556-8335
Open - Mon-Sat 9AM-8PM, Sun 10AM-7PM

I have purchased almost all my livestock, supplies and equipment from these guys. If you are in the triangle area (and or NC) you have to check them out. In my 15 years of aquarium keeping I can't think of a better store for rare, exotic and interesting fish.

All of my German Blue Rams have come from this store and they are all healthy, colorful and breeding like crazy.

Do yourself a favor and check this store out while the sale is on!!

J
JCoxRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
drbotts
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)

You gettin' an extra 10% for that post?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
JCoxRocks
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (29/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbotts View Post
You gettin' an extra 10% for that post?
Haha... with as much as I've spent in that place, 10% wouldnt even put a dent in it!

This is one of the last truly good LFS in the area, I want to see them stay around for a while and not get run out by the likes of Petsmart, Petco, etc.

Quality livestock (both fresh and salt) by people who know their stuff. I'll post 20 more sale threads for them if it means they stay in business and keep selling me awesome fish and supplies!

J
JCoxRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
celine
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

i will deffinetly be runnin up there tomorrow to check out what theyve got!!!
celine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
DavidCress

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Watch out for this place

This place is bad news. Unless you are a heavy spender or in good with the owner you get treated horribly. They don't care bout their guest nor employees, and their animals. I was a regular for 7 years but the [censored][censored][censored][censored] I have seen from the owner got to be too much. The way he runs the place, treats the customers, treats his animals and so on. 99 percent of everything you read about this place that says anything nice bout them is posted from friends or the owner him self or his web site admin. The owner only cares bout his money which would explain the outstanding prices of everything in the store that you can go anywhere else and get it half the price for the same product even after his sale. You can go to online stores pay the shipping on live stock and still come out cheaper. If anyone has noticed that is a regular to the store they used to only have 2 sales a year one at Christmas and one during the fair. Now they have sales every other month due to his business falling. Please be advise if decide to enter. You may consider on taking a bank loan out if you do decide to buy a feeder fish. Think its a joke walk in and ask around for some prices and be sure to ask each employee because you will get a different price depending on who you ask on the same product mentioned. Ever wonder why there isn't any prices listed on anything because they price the live stock on how they judge you when you walk in the door. Well you have been warned. Please proceed with caution if you dare.
DavidCress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCress View Post
This place is bad news. Unless you are a heavy spender or in good with the owner you get treated horribly. They don't care bout their guest nor employees, and their animals. I was a regular for 7 years but the [censored][censored][censored][censored] I have seen from the owner got to be too much. The way he runs the place, treats the customers, treats his animals and so on. 99 percent of everything you read about this place that says anything nice bout them is posted from friends or the owner him self or his web site admin. The owner only cares bout his money which would explain the outstanding prices of everything in the store that you can go anywhere else and get it half the price for the same product even after his sale. You can go to online stores pay the shipping on live stock and still come out cheaper. If anyone has noticed that is a regular to the store they used to only have 2 sales a year one at Christmas and one during the fair. Now they have sales every other month due to his business falling. Please be advise if decide to enter. You may consider on taking a bank loan out if you do decide to buy a feeder fish. Think its a joke walk in and ask around for some prices and be sure to ask each employee because you will get a different price depending on who you ask on the same product mentioned. Ever wonder why there isn't any prices listed on anything because they price the live stock on how they judge you when you walk in the door. Well you have been warned. Please proceed with caution if you dare.
Seeing how you only have one post on this board, I just don't see your opinion having too much weight. To me it sounds like "a regular for 7 years" and you didn't go to another store means that you weren't very intelligent or good with Google searches to find other stores in the area.
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

We're new to the area and the guy who's helped us each time has been very nice and helpful. We've been there a few times.
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
if_fishes_were_wishes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.