ADG Review
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Aquarium Design Group

Old 04-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
GDP
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

ADG Review

I feel very compelled to write a great review of this shop.

First off let me say Frank @ ADG is probably the best customer service rep Ive delt with in some time. He has gone way above and beyond what would be required of him on several occasions so far. He is also very friendly and will take the time to explain any questions or concerns. I have bought several things from ADG and all arrived pretty quickly being its comming from CA to NC and it was always packed very well. I even placed an order for ryouh stones (I believe that was my first purchase) and put my faith in ADG/Frank that the stones would be good quality and what I wanted. Sure enough I was not let down and the rocks I recieved were awsome.

If the owners of ADG read this please know you have probably one of the best people representing your shop. Also know I will never hessitate to buy from your shop in the future regardless of prices (within reason lol) because of the care I recieve when ordering. I cannot say enough good about this business and recomend anyone and everyone to shop here if possible.
Canon Pimp Club #026
Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I only give advice based on first hand knowledge or from the knowledge of others. If im wrong please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
RWalleyTX
Algae Grower

PTrader: (-1/0%)

Frank is very helpful. Great person to represent ADG
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

I appreciate your kind words! Though, for the record we are in Texas, no affiliation with CA!

I make it a matter of personal policy to treat every customer as if they were both the first customer we've ever had, and the last customer we'll ever have. No matter how many times the same question may have been answered - it's that person's first time hearing the answer, and an organization could have 20 million great reviews, but that doesn't matter if the individual client has had a bad experience. So at the end of the day, experience on a one-on-one, individual basis is what makes up the whole new ADG experience as top priority!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
GDP
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
I appreciate your kind words! Though, for the record we are in Texas, no affiliation with CA!

I make it a matter of personal policy to treat every customer as if they were both the first customer we've ever had, and the last customer we'll ever have. No matter how many times the same question may have been answered - it's that person's first time hearing the answer, and an organization could have 20 million great reviews, but that doesn't matter if the individual client has had a bad experience. So at the end of the day, experience on a one-on-one, individual basis is what makes up the whole new ADG experience as top priority!
Oh lol not sure why I thought you were in CA, sorry hah. Its a great business model and hope it never changes.
Canon Pimp Club #026
Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I only give advice based on first hand knowledge or from the knowledge of others. If im wrong please let me know.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
zeldar
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (62/100%)

Frank is definitely one of the best out there. Or maybe its the only fish store Ive been to where the workers know more than I do about their product. lol

I've been to ADGs shop on several occasions and every time Frank doesn't hesitate to chat and show me around the place, usually for at least an hour every time. I show up unannounced, and he still drops whatever he is doing to show me around.

If you are in the Houston area you need to go check out their shop! I bet you $100 you walk out of there with a new tank and hardscape. hahah They just have sooo many types of rocks and driftwood to dig though. (Frank, don't let anyone buy my treasured stone.)
Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
GDP
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Maybe one day. Yesterday I recieved the wrong lily pipe that I had odered which was ..... dissapointing. However I called Frank and he is taking care of it and was very nice over the phone and did his best to accomadate me. You can tell he cares instead of having the 'yeah whatever' attitude. I would detail everything he is doing, but I dont really know the eddicate on that so I will just say its WAY more than any other company would do.

I mean mistakes happen so you know thats how life goes. It was just very very dissapointing to me personally as I was amped to get it and install it. And im still trying to figure out why the wrong part would be sent if the one I wanted was out of stock. I mean I cant even use the one that was sent to me at all because my tanks are rimmed. Which makes me wonder if I can use the one that was supposed to be sent too. I hope so.

Im not wiritng this to say anything bad. Im actually just showing how ADG is trying its best to fix it. So even during their .... how to put it properly ... mistakes they are better than the rest. I still wouldnt hessitate to buy from ADG again, and will be in the future.
Canon Pimp Club #026
Old 05-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Vendor reviews, good or bad, are in violation of forum policy.

I ask the OP to reacquaint themselves with forum rules and kindly refrain in the future.