San fransisco or bust! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #16
Loop
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Loop's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman9809 View Post
plus there's a bonsai store where you can buy cheap seiryu
If this is true some of you guys that live out this way should buy a bunch to sell on the forum. Help out those of us that don't have any cheap access to it. Unless shipping would cancel out the savings of the purchase price. How cheap?
Loop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #17
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru
 
kevmo911's Avatar
 
PTrader: (32/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,895
Default

You'll kick yourself if you don't end up going to the Mission District and getting a burrito.
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #18
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300
 
Jaggedfury's Avatar
 
PTrader: (135/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 1,912
Default

You can also go check out Pier 39 and Fishermen's whalf. It's better in the Summer on a sunny day. The rain just kills it.
__________________
She winks, Let's dance.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #19
deleted_user_16
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (40/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 4,255
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
If this is true some of you guys that live out this way should buy a bunch to sell on the forum. Help out those of us that don't have any cheap access to it. Unless shipping would cancel out the savings of the purchase price. How cheap?
like 2 or 3 bucks a pound. i don't remember which it was. not much cheaper than ADA's 3.99/lb
deleted_user_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #20
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.
 
Da Plant Man's Avatar
 
PTrader: (74/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 5,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
You'll kick yourself if you don't end up going to the Mission District and getting a burrito.
I read a book that mentioned their burritos...

I went last year to a Giants game, went to china town, went up in the Hyatt hotel since my dad's buddy from highschool's wife works there at the desk.

I will try to check out golden gate park, AFA for sure, Japan Town maybe, and the Wharf. I know there isn't much time to do a lot, but since I have already gone once, I want to go everywhere I didn't go to before.
__________________

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #21
deleted_user_16
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (40/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 4,255
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caton View Post
I will try to check out golden gate park, AFA for sure, Japan Town maybe, and the Wharf. I know there isn't much time to do a lot, but since I have already gone once, I want to go everywhere I didn't go to before.
Since you have a limited amount of time, I definitely recommend checking out Golden Gate Park and taking a stroll along Ocean Beach. I love going to both with my father, no matter what the weather is like. They're both best in the morning before they get crowded up by people.
deleted_user_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #22
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\
 
PTrader: (107/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anderson, CA
Posts: 5,560
Default

It might just be me because I never really hear anyone mention them, but if you pass a Johnny Rockets, get a snack there.

Last edited by oldpunk78; 03-29-2011 at 01:17 AM..
oldpunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Dollface
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (77/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman9809 View Post
like 2 or 3 bucks a pound. i don't remember which it was. not much cheaper than ADA's 3.99/lb
It's 2$ a lb, and it's not seiryu, it's closer to really low grade ryu-oh stone.
__________________
Wabi Kusa is just an Aquascape Katamari
Dollface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #24
dodohead
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
dodohead's Avatar
 
PTrader: (15/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
It might just be me because I never really hear anyone mention them, but if you pass a Johnny Rockets, get a snack there.

i like johnny rockets! theres one at the mall in concord. its a really fun place and its got that whole 50's feel to it..

if you have only 1 day and you're gonna be using public transportation, it'll be kinda hard to do lots of stuff because everything is so spread out
dodohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #25
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\
 
PTrader: (107/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anderson, CA
Posts: 5,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodohead View Post
i like johnny rockets! theres one at the mall in concord. its a really fun place and its got that whole 50's feel to it..

if you have only 1 day and you're gonna be using public transportation, it'll be kinda hard to do lots of stuff because everything is so spread out
I'm pretty sure there's one within walking distance of pier 39.
oldpunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #26
mistergreen
No more Bow ties
 
mistergreen's Avatar
 
PTrader: (13/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 14,330
Default

I've always liked the non touristy places.

I'd walk across the GG Bridge, go to Japan town and North Beach. China town was a bit disappointing unless you just want to eat there.
mistergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #27
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.
 
Da Plant Man's Avatar
 
PTrader: (74/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 5,708
Default

I have a question...would it be cheaper to buy the ADA amazonian soil I need be cheaper if I buy it from the store and put the bags in my suitcase on the plane (I get two bags and a carry on for free ) or just deal with shipping? I would take hiking back pack that is used for like 1 or two week trips so that way I could carry it easily. If it saves me $15 I think its worth it, but if not I am just going to deal with shipping.
__________________

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #28
deleted_user_16
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (40/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 4,255
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollface View Post
It's 2$ a lb, and it's not seiryu, it's closer to really low grade ryu-oh stone.
All I can say is that the stuff looks really nice underwater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caton View Post
I have a question...would it be cheaper to buy the ADA amazonian soil I need be cheaper if I buy it from the store and put the bags in my suitcase on the plane (I get two bags and a carry on for free ) or just deal with shipping? I would take hiking back pack that is used for like 1 or two week trips so that way I could carry it easily. If it saves me $15 I think its worth it, but if not I am just going to deal with shipping.
I think if you carry it on the plane for free it'll be a few bucks cheaper, but not by much.
deleted_user_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #29
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300
 
Jaggedfury's Avatar
 
PTrader: (135/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 1,912
Default

I'm going up there this weekend. Weather is suppose to be really nice up there. It's a good 2 hour drive from where I"m at. For what reasons of going there? None really. Just wanted to take the new car for a nice day of cruising along with sight seeing.

Keep in mind the tow bridge is $5 to pass, and $5 to leave I think? It might have gone up again as usual.

But none the less, it's a cool cruise to Frisco if the weather is nice.
__________________
She winks, Let's dance.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #30
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.
 
Da Plant Man's Avatar
 
PTrader: (74/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 5,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
I'm going up there this weekend. Weather is suppose to be really nice up there. It's a good 2 hour drive from where I"m at. For what reasons of going there? None really. Just wanted to take the new car for a nice day of cruising along with sight seeing.

Will you be at AFA on sunday? I want to at least try to meet up with one forum member.

I am going to be there at opening (noon) I think. If not then, most likely around 5:00pm
__________________

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012