Xalyx's 55 gallon high tech (56k) **UPDATE 2-22** - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #31
bnbfishin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

That's quite the change from the original layout. Can barely even tell you have the rock or wood in there and it doesn't even look hilly. The 12MP camera definitely takes a clearer pic compared to the first camera you used. That may be due to some of the adjustments on the camera though as I use an 8.2 MP camera to take shots of my tank and they come out pretty clear (unless the fish are moving). Try messing with the buttons on your original camera and see what happens.
bnbfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #32
SkyGrl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

wow! everything looks so green and lovely! how are all the amano doing in there? i love your use of stem plants and the fact they go all the way to the top. thats my favorite thing about stem plants very nice tank. once i get the 55 (kick out miss diablo) then ill have to do something along these lines

Amy
Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #33
Xalyx
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbfishin View Post
That's quite the change from the original layout. Can barely even tell you have the rock or wood in there and it doesn't even look hilly. The 12MP camera definitely takes a clearer pic compared to the first camera you used. That may be due to some of the adjustments on the camera though as I use an 8.2 MP camera to take shots of my tank and they come out pretty clear (unless the fish are moving). Try messing with the buttons on your original camera and see what happens.
Lol. Is that layout change a good thing or a bad thing? I would've liked a hilly effect but there's only so much you can do with a 55G. I wouldn't agree with not being able to see the rock or wood, it's not that densely planted. It probably just looks that way from the pictures. I tried fooling around with my 8.1MP, it's never going to look anything like the 12. I think people were ignoring my thread cause I have crappy 8.1 pictures.

I need to take some more pictures because my tank has cleared even more, there's no longer lingering brown on my plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGrl View Post
wow! everything looks so green and lovely! how are all the amano doing in there? i love your use of stem plants and the fact they go all the way to the top. thats my favorite thing about stem plants very nice tank. once i get the 55 (kick out miss diablo) then ill have to do something along these lines

Amy
Hi Amy. I'm glad it looks green and lovely because not too long ago it was brown and ugly. The amano are doing great and have been breeding like crazy. There's more shrimp than I can count now. Even the red cherries are breeding. I was forced to use stems to fight my algae problems. Not necessarily saying that I didn't want to use them but... plans change I guess.

This tank is a joint project between me and my dad and he decided to get 12 Neon tetras and 12 Cardinal tetras without consulting me. Mainly because I usually disagree with his ideas until they happen and then end up loving them. They're shipping now. Let's hope it doesn't affect my shrimp or my overall look too much. I wasn't ready for fish and that's a lot of them.
Xalyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #34
Xalyx
Planted Member

Updated Ferts
Updated Fauna
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #35
FishVixen
Algae Grower

Tank is looking great.
FishVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #36
Xalyx
Planted Member

Updated Flora

In the process of painting the back of the tank black ;x

Last edited by Xalyx; 02-21-2011 at 12:33 AM..
Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 AM   #37
bnbfishin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Just differnt I guess? lol I have a 55 gallon as well and have a journal on here for it. It usually gets burried on page 6 or 7 Check it out when you have time and let me know what you think. I have changed it a little and will take some new pics of it in the next day or two.
Your pics tend to have a yellowish hue to them. I am betting it's because of the bulbs you are using. I use a 12000 and also an actinic and it gives the tank a very "cool" feel to it as opposed to a warm with with the yellowish colors. I used to have a 6700 on the tank and it looked just like yours.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalyx View Post
Lol. Is that layout change a good thing or a bad thing? I would've liked a hilly effect but there's only so much you can do with a 55G. I wouldn't agree with not being able to see the rock or wood, it's not that densely planted. It probably just looks that way from the pictures. I tried fooling around with my 8.1MP, it's never going to look anything like the 12. I think people were ignoring my thread cause I have crappy 8.1 pictures.

I need to take some more pictures because my tank has cleared even more, there's no longer lingering brown on my plants.

Last edited by bnbfishin; 02-21-2011 at 01:28 PM..
bnbfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #38
Xalyx
Planted Member

Default New pictures 2-20

Here are the latest pictures of my tank with the back painted.

Ludwigia Repens

Hygrophila angustifolia

My pretty Ottos schooling

Various Abubias

Rotala Indica

------------------------------------------

Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #39
Xalyx
Planted Member

Default Full shots 2-20

Old 02-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #40
Xalyx
Planted Member

Default Fauna ;o

New Fauna arrived today

11 Neon Tetra (1 DOA)
12 Cardinal Tetra

Cowering in a corner from shock

Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #41
Xalyx
Planted Member

1 tetra died today, not really sure if it's neon or cardinal.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #42
zenche
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

fellow chitown member!

was the red coloring full body length or only half way?

75G - "Hanzomori"
56G - "Rise of the Agassizi"
zenche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #43
Xalyx
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenche View Post
fellow chitown member!

was the red coloring full body length or only half way?
Full length I think. That would make it a Cardinal.

3 more died today

I kind of regret buying these fish. They're not schooling they're bullying each other that's why they're dying. It's not costing me anything since the place I got them from has a 14 day guarantee and they've already given me back my money for the 4 dead fish, didn't even ask for pictures. I never expected this to happen since I purposely picked the tetras that said they have the most peaceful personalities. Oh well. I knew some of them would die, it's the fact that they're not schooling that's kind of disappointing. Because when I first put them in the tank they were all schooling together but now none of them are really.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #44
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

What's going on with the fish now? Are they still bullying each other and dying? Or have (hopefully) things gotten better?

Tags
aquascape, fiftyfive, gallon, high tech planted tank, xalyx