3g and 2.5g
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 02-22-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
JadedRapport
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

3g and 2.5g

My 3g ADF tank I believe a week after setup.

My 2.5g soon to be CT Betta tank, sorta messy because just added riccia before taking this picture and didn't get out what floated to the top.
JadedRapport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 03:03 AM   #2
Newkidonthetank
Planted Member

Send a message via MSN to Newkidonthetank

what and where did you get that screen on the back of the 3,? i know sewing but know not much more...
Old 02-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #3
JadedRapport
Algae Grower

Default ...

It is just stiff plastic mesh found at walmart for 89 cents per sheet. I'm using it as a moss wall, it is just the moss hasn't grown into it yet so thats why you still see it.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
supaoopa
Planted Member

Nice tanks. Hope to see future updates on the progress.

Is the 3 gal an Eclipse System 3?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
JadedRapport
Algae Grower

Default ...

Yes, it is a system 3.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
supaoopa
Planted Member

Nice, I have a system 3 also that i haven't had a chance to setup yet. Are you using a heater? What kind, if you are.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #7
JadedRapport
Algae Grower

Default ...

Nope, no heater in either of those. The lowest it has gotten was 76 degrees and that was on our coldest night.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #8
supaoopa
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedRapport
Nope, no heater in either of those. The lowest it has gotten was 76 degrees and that was on our coldest night.
Nice! My place gets a little to chilly at night so i've been looking for something small that will work in a 3 gal. I'm thinking 25 watts might fry the tank but can only find smaller heaters online, and none of them seem to have a thermostat on them.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:27 AM   #9
gnome
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaoopa
Nice! My place gets a little to chilly at night so i've been looking for something small that will work in a 3 gal. I'm thinking 25 watts might fry the tank but can only find smaller heaters online, and none of them seem to have a thermostat on them.
25W w/thermostat is WAY safer than those tiny little "Junior Heaters." I used a Junior in my Eclipse System Three and it shot the temperature to about 94. Granted, it was the middle of summer and those little system things seem to insulate heat a tad TOO well... My absolute favorite heater (which I've used in my 2.5-gallon tanks as well as 5.5-gallon) is the Hagen Thermal Compact (25W). They've got a nice, slim design and don't have any parts with eye-catching colors. Visi-therm also has a 25W heater but it's bulkier (or I guess you could say it's "heftier") and has neon-orange parts, like the thermostat-adjustment knob. With both of these, just set and forget. They're very reliable. With all of my Hagens, I've set, then stored them away after a few months' use, then put them *back* to use, to find that it brings the temperature right to where I had it set.

Another option is to set the tank on one of those reptile heating pads. They don't have adjustable thermostats, but somebody at this site posted that it keeps the temperature very steady in his 2.5-gallon tank. I'm sure plants would enjoy warmth at the roots.

JR, I LOVE that photo with the little ADF peeking out of its "cave." Very nice what you've done with that tank. I like the wood, and I look forward to seeing photos after the moss wall is grown out. What a happy froggie he must be!

-Naomi
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote