True Lumen LED on my 7.5Gallon
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Aquascapejackson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Smile

True Lumen LED on my 7.5Gallon

Hey, guys I am running a Two strips of the 10inch Pure white LED strips. Each one has 4 Leds at 3W each. They are 12,000k though and i recently have some concerns that you gusy may be able to answer. It is a 7.5Gallon rimmless about to add pressurized C02 in a few days. growing HC and some micro sword, Kind of an iwagumi style. I dose Florish etc. My two questions are

1. The light strips are only about 2 inches form the surface of the water so approx 13 inches form the substrate, they lack reflectors everything is growing fine so far Hc is growing up a little bit though. should I Raise or lower the lights at all.

2. With the K being 12,000 am i goign to need some 6,500k additional i have noticed some yellowing of HC but very sparce.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated I will try to upload pics latter when I get off shift. Thanks
Aquascapejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
redfishsc
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

The yellowing of the HC may be more to a nutrient deficiency than lighting, although I can't say that for sure.

What drive current are you using on these LEDs?

12K is a bit blue, but honestly I think it's fine. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

I grew basil for 8 months under an old reef T5 system that had two solid blue tubes, and two 12K tubes. No 6500K whatsoever, and it grew like mad. So we ate it like mad
redfishsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Aquascapejackson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Thanks for the help, growing some basil on the back porch ;p. i'l have to check the drive when i go back up to my gainsvill Apt. but that wont be till approx this comming weekend. the yellowing is very minimal. Thanks again.
Aquascapejackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, lights