Sexy 10 gallon - Stage Two - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #16
Marc
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Ahkuma- are you able to disclose the price to public? I saw him post a while ago on http://www.sfbaaps.com/ board- havent really been following it.

Marc

Old 01-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #17
Ahkuma
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Ahkuma- are you able to disclose the price to public? I saw him post a while ago on http://www.sfbaaps.com/ board- havent really been following it.

Marc
If I remember correctly I think he said the whole set is a hundred bucks. I was only interested in the ten gallon and he broke up the set for me for fifty dollars.
Ahkuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #18
Marc
Wannabe Guru

hmmm sounds tempting- can you tell me how long the tank is?
Im going to PM Mr. Barr if this is still available.

Thank you
Old 01-26-2005, 10:55 PM   #19
Ahkuma
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
hmmm sounds tempting- can you tell me how long the tank is?
Im going to PM Mr. Barr if this is still available.

Thank you
The tank is 23.5 inches long so a standard 2 foot light will fit on it and it's 8 3/4 inches wide.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:56 AM   #20
Ahkuma
Planted Member

I changed the tank from gravel to sand. I had to break down and buy the expensive sand from the LFS because it was the only stuff I could find with the larger grain size I wanted. Also the piece of wood on the left was taken out and put in a similar style piece of emersed manzinita.

For the plants I just went down to PetCo and bought some cheap stem plants, 4 bunches of hornwort and 3 bunches of anachris.

I also added a Aquaclear powerhead to the tank because I felt the Aquaclear 20 wasnt giving me enough circulation. Originally I wanted a nice, clean look for the tank but I seem to be adding more junk to it all the time.

As you can see I aslo put in a Hagen C02 unit. I tried the packets that came with it but I was only getting about 2 bubbles per minute so I mixed up some home brew tonight and will try that. I noticed on the ladder there are 3 places where you can put the tube, I put it in the middle but which one is ideal for a ten gallon?

I'm cycling the tank with 4 White Clouds. I realy like this fish. They are not shy, you can work on the tank and do whatever and they hardly seem to care. Although I have one small one that keeps getting sucked into the Aqua Clear 20 so I had to put a net over the intake.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #21
depthC
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to depthC Send a message via MSN to depthC

Well the tank looks nice and has the clean effect your going for. I like the driftwood piece on the left but the right one looks out of place. Maybe reposition it. Plants i assume are temporary until you figure out what you want where but it looks like things are coming along nicely.

For the bubble ladder im unsure if the different slots will do any good. I put mine in the bottom to get the best diffusion so its probably best put there.

Andrew
Old 02-14-2005, 03:28 AM   #22
Ahkuma
Planted Member

I put a cup of sugar, 1/2 Tsp red star yeast and a pinch of baking soda and the hagen is cranking out the bubbles now! I'm getting one every six seconds vs the
2 every minute with the packets that came with the thing. I will move that tube down to the bottom of the ladder also for better diffusion.

I threw in those cheap stems until I can get the tank established then maybe I will try some moss next.

My suicidal White Cload croaked this morning after the third time going thru the filter. I should have put that net around the intake sooner I guess. The other three I have are larger and don't have that problem. I will have to make sure the ones I buy in the future are bigger.

So far it has been fun forging ahead into the unkown.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:46 AM   #23
mpa90
Algae Grower

Anyone know who makes these tanks or wher to get them online. I really like the looks but cant find them.
mpa90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #24
Marc
Wannabe Guru

Capitol Aquarium in Sacramento has them OR PM Plantbrain (Tom Barr)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.