Just me? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 12-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #16
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteroak View Post
Drove to Denver and back yesterday down I-25 and you would not believe how many cars were wiped out on the side of the road. At one point I glanced in my rear view mirror an saw a truck spinning in circles right behind me. Watched two others spin out going about 50 mph coming the other way. It was well below freezing so it was not the snow but the ice that was getting everyone. You can't be that bad of a driver....

Anti lock brakes?
try not to push the brakes so hard. If the wheels lock up you will slide on ice so you have to brake slow and easy. If you are sliding do not push harder on the brakes and start slowing down even sooner than you are.

maybe go out to an empty parking lot today and skid around awhile to get to know what the car is doing when you slam on the brakes vs braking slowly and steadily. Spin out, slide, stomp on the brakes, etc. I have had three different Subarus and they are great in the snow 4 wheel drive or not!

Yea anti-lock brakes, but they don't work or something since last year. They vibrate very weakly, I had them activate last year before my brake problem and they vibrated really loud and crazy. After the brake problem, I had my brakes replaced and belts replaces and all that, and I sometimes occassionally have the brakes vibrate weakly like recently, I bring it back to the shop and the people said the computer didn't record it ever activating except that one time before I went to them.