Fluval Spec anyone?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
SearunSimpson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Fluval Spec anyone?

Hey, just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with this little guy. Its for sale right now at around $69 at the store I frequent, and he has one up and going. So far, I'm liking it.
The guy said the flow is a little weak, but to be honest, the filtration is so far, as I can see, pretty good. He let me poke around and look at the running unit and it's pretty impressive. Also, the lighting unit is farrrrrrr superior compared to the Edge and the Chi's. Don't ask me why. You'd think fluval would put better lights on a bigger tank in general. But yes, the lighting is fairly impressive.
If you've ever seen the Denerle line of nano tanks, this is very similar.
I'm thinking of getting one for some shrimpies, but am wondering if anyone has any experience of their own.

-SrS (Jordan)

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
SearunSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
jeffvmd
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

This one is similar to the dymax IQ3 tank.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...n-planted.html
Runs roughly at the same price.
jeffvmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
volatile
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)

I think the Fluval Spec would look better if it didn't have the aluminum or whatever at the corners. Wonder if you can remove them.

The IQ3 tank and lid are both on sale at Big Al's (the USA site) right now. I like that you can choose to add up to 2 more lights on the IQ3 tank and also put a heater in the filter chamber.
volatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
SearunSimpson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Oh yes yes, I checked about hiding a heater in this one and you easily can in the back right pump chamber- I like this because the heated water is directly pumped back out into the front, instead of water just being moved around the tank near a heater.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
SearunSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote