Interested in the new Fluval Ebi kit?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Ohio

Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

Interested in the new Fluval Ebi kit?

Before I get it locally at a higher price, just wanna see if anyone is interested in getting the Ebi kit online and save on the shipping together. It may be cheaper that way
justin182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
jmowbray
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

I'm interested... Let me know what price we're looking at and the cost of shipping. I'm seeing that they are going for ~$100 at some online stores. Let hope the price is a little less b/c I don't have that much right now.

Does anyone have one of these, if so can you give your imput on the quality of the whole setup?
jmowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
jmowbray
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

I just found these ones for $77.99 :http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...hrimpKit.html#

I would like to know the specs. on the light but can't seem to find them. Also I have a aquariumplants.com electronic CO2 reg. Is there any way that I can split the CO2 between the two tanks? Would just a normal manifold work or do they sell other things?

Sorry to jack your thread.
jmowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
hockey9999
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I actually have the Ebi sitting in the box. I am not allowed to touch it until Christmas.. Torture.

As far as I know, the light is 13w and I read somewhere that its either 6400 or 6500k. Actually, I just found a link with more info on the light. http://www.thehiddenreef.com/istar.a...N%2FA&subsize=

My local LFS has an Ebi set up, it is a pretty nice setup. They also sell the light fixture/bulb for ~$30, I will probably get a second one to bump up my lighting.
hockey9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowbray View Post
I just found these ones for $77.99 :http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...hrimpKit.html#

I would like to know the specs. on the light but can't seem to find them. Also I have a aquariumplants.com electronic CO2 reg. Is there any way that I can split the CO2 between the two tanks? Would just a normal manifold work or do they sell other things?

Sorry to jack your thread.

The lighting should be enough for a shrimp tank, and actually, you don't want too much light to cause too much algae problem.

I visited that website too, from the google shopping result. There is another website that sells it for a lower price, but it is out of stock now, and the store doesn't have any rating from the google shopping search. A new store maybe?

From PetSolutions, they offer free shipping if you get two, and it will come down to $83-$84 each after tax. Let me know where you are, and maybe we could work something out.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Haha I guess there just ain't enough Ohioans on here?? Well, I might just have to get it locally........