Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 39
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #571
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
I first hand tighten to where I'm not able to anymore. Then I put a crescent wrench on it and give it a slight turn no more than 1/2''. I followed this method will all the parts that needs to be tighten other than the ASA On/Off valve itself. That can be hand tighten which will be fine.

This method, I used with my gauge also. You will need a decent size crescent wrench, since the Gauge itself is 1'' inch in diameter.

Please keep in mind if you over-tighten it already with a wrench and it leaks. Open it up and inspect the rubber black washer that goes inside the needle valve nut, before you go and try my method. If that rubber black washer is anyhow "damage" it will result in a defective unit.
Yeah, im not having any problems with leaking, just a floating valve, thats it.
chumlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #572
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

I just updated the last post, of mines. You might want to take a look at it. I'm won't be able to answer your floating valve issue, as to I don't have any problem with mines. Set it and go. I'm aiming for 5-6 months on a full filled paintball tank 20z and 24oz. There was an updated on 11/11 (Low 700ish psi) a few pages back, at the moment it's still holding strong at above 600ish psi.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #573
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
I just updated the last post, of mines. You might want to take a look at it. I'm won't be able to answer your floating valve issue, as to I don't have any problem with mines. Set it and go. I'm aiming for 5-6 months on a full filled paintball tank 20z and 24oz. There was an updated on 11/11 (Low 700ish psi) a few pages back, at the moment it's still holding strong at above 600ish psi.
Yeah, I keep my needle valve closed and then turn on my ASA on/off. I have noticed that adjusting the tightness on the needle valve nut does affect how steady the rate stays. I just need to find the perfect tightness. Thanks for the quick replies btw.
chumlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #574
jeremyblevins
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

well i had to refill my tank today but i think it's just because it was the first bottle testing everything, not to mention my bubble rate kept fluctuating so i kept having to readjust using more co2 then it should've.
jeremyblevins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #575
happi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi

i just have to use the 2nd bottle, my first bottle lasted for 2 days due to leak.

am thinking about spending more money on something that will work without dealing with this leaking.
happi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #576
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
i just have to use the 2nd bottle, my first bottle lasted for 2 days due to leak.

am thinking about spending more money on something that will work without dealing with this leaking.
my first bottle was bad, The guy at the paintball shop told me that the valves in them are very simple, and if they break, they break right away. Are you sure your o-ring is not ripped at the top of the tank itself?

I have had absolutely no problems once I got the needle tightness figured out.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #577
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Wow, that sucks. 2 Days only off of one refilled bottle? And you're not able to see the leakage underwater? Not even a slight tiny co2 bubble forming up?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #578
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Wow, that sucks. 2 Days only off of one refilled bottle? And you're not able to see the leakage underwater? Not even a slight tiny co2 bubble forming up?
I was kind of confused too. Seems like you would have seen some bubbles when checking for leaks.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #579
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

850Psi is alot to go missing without a single pin-point leak of a bubble. Are you sure it was filled up full? I would imagine that you'll at least hear a hissing sound for that much co2 gas to leak out within 2 days.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #580
Cloudfish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Regarding leak checking, here's how I check for leaks for just about everything--from O2 and acetylene tanks to my gas grill. Just get a cheap plastic spray bottle (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, really any store) and make a very weak solution of dish soap and water. Then just spray a little bit on your connections. Anywhere there's a leak will produce very recognizable soap bubbles--then just wipe away the soapy water with a rag.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #581
happi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi

i have tried all the things and to see where it leaks. it leaks from the hole posted in the pic and it also leak from the on/off valve if i try to tight it too much. soon as i try to tight it all the way the co2 leak like crazy from there and that hole.
happi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #582
Blackwater13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfish View Post
Regarding leak checking, here's how I check for leaks for just about everything--from O2 and acetylene tanks to my gas grill. Just get a cheap plastic spray bottle (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, really any store) and make a very weak solution of dish soap and water. Then just spray a little bit on your connections. Anywhere there's a leak will produce very recognizable soap bubbles--then just wipe away the soapy water with a rag.

I deal in HVACR and soap and soap water works great as do common bubbles (what I use) that you buy your kid. Take a Q-tip dip it in the bubbles and rub it around any connection you want to leak check. If its leaking you'll know right away.
Blackwater13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #583
Barristan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I received my valve.... it don't work. It will not shut off completely.
Barristan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #584
NickS
Planted Member

I got my Deltrol valve today and it's great...except it won't CLOSE!!!

I got it all hooked up and had it shut tight. Hooked it up to my diffuser and there's CO2 coming out at like 10 bps.

The thing is not brand new either. It definitely looks used. Apparently NEW IN BOX! doesn't mean what I thought it did...

"I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand." DOUGLAS ADAMS, WRITER
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 AM   #585
MeanGreenEyes
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
I got my Deltrol valve today and it's great...except it won't CLOSE!!!

I got it all hooked up and had it shut tight. Hooked it up to my diffuser and there's CO2 coming out at like 10 bps.

The thing is not brand new either. It definitely looks used. Apparently NEW IN BOX! doesn't mean what I thought it did...
Thanks for letting us know...was literally on ebay just now about to buy three of these but luckily got busy at work...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.