Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 38
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #556
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
Greattttt!! After going through a few photos, I take it people don't opt for the "Gauge". Which is cool, I would of guessed that people would went for it.
I for one did lol I don't want to end up with an empty bottle and a tank of algae before I notice the bottle is empty lol
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #557
NickS
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

My Deltrol has not arrived yet and I've heard not a peep from the seller...starting to wonder...

"I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand." DOUGLAS ADAMS, WRITER
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #558
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
Greattttt!! After going through a few photos, I take it people don't opt for the "Gauge". Which is cool, I would of guessed that people would went for it.
I really wanted a gauge but my local paintball shop wanted 20$ so I decided not to get it. I thought it would wouldve been great to have, but Im still keeping a lookout for a cheap one.
chumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #559
swissian
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)

Amazon has many gauges for cheap. I got mine for under $7 shipped!
swissian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:01 AM   #560
RuggerMSC
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
My Deltrol has not arrived yet and I've heard not a peep from the seller...starting to wonder...

I think I bought form the same seller, because Mine hasn't even been shipped yet, and I bought it 1 week ago. I bought form this seller " pegmystic3zkp" hope it is just a holiday issue.
RuggerMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #561
NickS
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggerMSC View Post
I think I bought form the same seller, because Mine hasn't even been shipped yet, and I bought it 1 week ago. I bought form this seller " pegmystic3zkp" hope it is just a holiday issue.
Same seller. I emailed him yesterday, got a response this morning:

"it is in the mail. should be there soon."

Then later this afternoon:

"
Shipped yesterday. You will see it tomorrow."

Seems like they're a little unorganized, but I hope nothing more than that...

"I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand." DOUGLAS ADAMS, WRITER
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #562
happi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi

if you feel you are leaking co2, please check this area, but you can fix this issue by adjusting the valve.
happi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #563
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

Regarding that photo of the leakage point, I just liked to state that not all the ASA ON/OFF valve have those tiny holes. Can it really leak found there? I would think that's a slot for the paintball gun to slip onto and those 2 pin holes would allow the gun to stay securely in place.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #564
codegono

I had a on/off valve that was leaking co2 from a similar hole. I took the valve and tank back the paintball shop and the guys there told me it was the
little O ring that goes on the tank and it sometimes tares a small hole when you remove the on/off valve and you don't release all the pressure before removing it. Well they replaced it and it worked perfectly!!! They kind enough to give me some extra!!

The only problem I am still having the what I see alot of people are having and that's the co2 stops running after several hours
I seriously think it has to do with the quality and the tightness as stated on previous posts. I would like to make sure before I order the Deltrol valve that I need to get the extra male and female attachments as shown on Kiethy's pics???????

"the greatest thread ever!" keep it going!!!!!
codegono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #565
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codegono View Post
I had a on/off valve that was leaking co2 from a similar hole. I took the valve and tank back the paintball shop and the guys there told me it was the
little O ring that goes on the tank and it sometimes tares a small hole when you remove the on/off valve and you don't release all the pressure before removing it. Well they replaced it and it worked perfectly!!! They kind enough to give me some extra!!

The only problem I am still having the what I see alot of people are having and that's the co2 stops running after several hours
I seriously think it has to do with the quality and the tightness as stated on previous posts. I would like to make sure before I order the Deltrol valve that I need to get the extra male and female attachments as shown on Kiethy's pics???????

if you order the model (FMF10BK), it already comes with a male input end. you only need the male barb fitting at the output end. I was sent a wrong valve model(I believe it was FP10BK), which has a female input and female output. But as far as the internl mechanics of the valve is concern, its the same deal as the FMF10BK.
keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #566
NickS
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy View Post
if you order the model (FMF10BK), it already comes with a male input end. you only need the male barb fitting at the output end. I was sent a wrong valve model(I believe it was FP10BK), which has a female input and female output. But as far as the internl mechanics of the valve is concern, its the same deal as the FMF10BK.
These barb fittings are available at Home Depot or Lowe's right? I think I've seen them there. My Deltrol valve is supposed to arrive today (or Friday).

Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #567
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
These barb fittings are available at Home Depot or Lowe's right? I think I've seen them there. My Deltrol valve is supposed to arrive today (or Friday).
NickS, I bought my ba4rb fitting from DoItBest hardware because it is the nearest from where I live. if you have problem finding the barb fitting, let me know and we can work something out.
keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #568
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Quote:
Originally Posted by codegono View Post

People overlook that rubber seal that goes onto the paintball cylinder thread itself. When purchasing a paintball tank, make sure that O ring is in not rip condition. Although it can rip, from removing and installing the ASA On/Off valve over a period of time. As far as the leakage goes, I'm still not sure how to direct you guys on that. Let's hope that the Deltrol valve route that people are taking works the same as previous successful people have rigged up. Mine are fine just with the Watts needle valve. Still counting months. Going strong for 4th month in about 2 and half more weeks!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #569
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hey jaggedfury, how tight did you make your needle valve nut (the one that a lot of people were forgetting to tighten). Did you just hand tighten it or wrench it until it physically wouldn't go anymore?
chumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #570
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

I first hand tighten to where I'm not able to anymore. Then I put a crescent wrench on it and give it a slight turn no more than 1/2''. I followed this method will all the parts that needs to be tighten other than the ASA On/Off valve itself. That can be hand tighten which will be fine.

This method, I used with my gauge also. You will need a decent size crescent wrench, since the Gauge itself is 1'' inch in diameter.

Please keep in mind if you over-tighten it already with a wrench and it leaks. Open it up and inspect the rubber black washer that goes inside the needle valve nut, before you go and try my method. If that rubber black washer is anyhow "damage" it will result in a defective unit.

Just curious, After you guys set the whole system up and when it comes time to put it in the bucket of water with it slightly the needle valve open, how long do you guys keep it under water to check for leaks? Depending how much you open the needle valve (doesn't take much to open it, comparing the width of a toothpick size) you should see leaks if there is leaks. What I do is submerse the whole system, minus the diffuser into a "Fish tank's water" that way I can spin the entire paintball tank around and observe if there's any slight co2 gas coming out of every entry point (Thread). I keep this at least close to a 1 minute for inspection. Just remember it only takes a slight adjustment on the needle valve to open it, if you crank it up too much you'll lose alot of co2 gas.

Here is my method of turning on this system also.

-Release the co2 gas from the paintball tank into the ASA On/Off Valve by first opening the Top Nob on the ASA On/Off Valve until you aren't able to with your hand. (The Top Nob(Valve) should have grooves to help aid in turning it on and off)
-Now slightly turn on your Needle Valve next, and watch your diffuser for a few seconds until you see co2 gas coming out of the diffuser. Depending on how much it's releasing, you can kind of eyeball it and realize if your co2 gas is releasing too much or too little, if so adjust it to desire level. Examine it for a minute or two and readjust, as it takes some time for the co2 gas to travel to the diffuser. After a good 5 minutes, you should be able to adjust it to desirable level where it will stay constant. I never had any problems with it, what's why I said it should stay constant after that last desirable adjustment.

There are some folks that are going a different route in turning the system on. Here's what I noticed.
-Slightly open needle valve first
-Open the ASA On/Off valve nob

I do not know if either way will hinder the outcome of the unit's co2 gas release. I am also not sure if that would put stress on other parts as well such as washers and so fort. Try both method of "Start up" and give me updates.