Co2 help with 12 gallons nanocube
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-15-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
gw11ucb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (116/100%)

Co2 help with 12 gallons nanocube

I am tired of using the hagen canister (yeast) for c02 in my nanocube. What is the smallest c02 tanks out there to go pressurize? i have this tank in my office.

is 2.5lbs tank the smallest?

Thanks!
gw11ucb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (8/100%)

Basically the smallest one that you can get filled at a carbonic store. Isn't too much bigger than the Hagen CO2 canister either (although quite a bit more expensive). I just snapped a picture of both of them w/the hagen canister in front and will show you later.

Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
Mavvy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn
Basically the smallest one that you can get filled at a carbonic store. Isn't too much bigger than the Hagen CO2 canister either (although quite a bit more expensive). I just snapped a picture of both of them w/the hagen canister in front and will show you later.
I'm looking forward to that, too. Any idea what complete unit cost would be including regulator and diffusor or reactor? I REALLY want to miniaturize the stuff for my 2.5Gs, and the yeast thing is getting a little old. I'm almost to the point of getting a 5-pound tank and a four-way manifold, hiding the tank and bubble counters under the kitchen counter, and running a line to each of the tanks (three at present) that are ON the counter:

(Tank on the left is my original tiny tank. Doggoned hairgrass has taken over, and I'm getting tired of mowing that lawn, so I'll be replacing it with...ummm...somethin'.)
Mavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (8/100%)

Here's a picture that I snapped this morning w/the Hagen CO2 canister in front.

As far as cost is concerned, the tank will cost you around $50-60, check valve around $10-15, regulator around $70, reactor runs around $10 to build (not sure about diffusor cost), and not sure how much a manifold will cost (check w/Robert's site).

Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote