10gal Help!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Newkidonthetank
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Newkidonthetank

10gal Help!

Oh heres what we have to work with...

Tank Standard 10 Gal
Filter/lights Eclipse 1 twin lamp- 2x 15watt regular flourescents...
Sub: 1 bag flourite
Co2: Hagen Ladder and Can
Heater: 50watt Whisper
Fauna: 1 Ceylon Puffer, 1 Lepord puffer, (+1 oto for algae problem at moment) oh and about 50-60 MTS of all sizes
Flora: 5 Assorted Apongetons, 1 Crypt, 1 Lily bulb, 30 stalks Anacharis, 10-15 stalks Moneywart, 7 Val plants spiral, 1 large golfball size mass of Java Ferns.
Options for Aqua scaping: 7"x6" tripod drift wood + strait piece, or Reddish Large 5" Rock, + misc other red, zebra, pagoda, 1 piece desert rose and 2 pieces of petrified wood.
I have no testing supplies, bout 100ml of hagen plant grow, and about 230ml of Flourish, i have accesss to hard well water, R.O. Water, and Soft (watersoftener) water.
I know that ceylon puffer is brackish but he really doesnt mind our water... i know because when i change it a little his belly turns gray and he is a little moody.
Thanx in advance...
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 06:14 AM   #2
Steven_Chong
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

The lighting is decent-- it'll grow plants. I think there's 2 viable aquascapes here--

option 1: Get 3 pieces of natual looking stone, all the same type, that won't draw attention, and use then to prop up the wood one the right or left side. Get lots of anubias and moss and combine them with the java ferns on the stones and driftwood and use this as the structure for the 'scape. Plant other plants only to support this piece.

option 2: I wish I had some petrified wood. Get a third piece, loads of sagitaria or hair grass, and keep that scape simple. Those are my suggestions . . .
Old 01-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
Newkidonthetank
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Newkidonthetank
Talking Contamination

Dang Accidentaly used a infected net on tank to get some plant matter out... and ended up exposing my puffers to swim bladder disease and they died so the brackish water is no longer a problem... dang..

Oh and thoes pieces of petrified wood, 1 is white, long and slender.. and the other is red, about the size of a small fist.

hairgrass, will that hold well in flourite? i have a problem with my plants staying somtimes... Sag?.. hmm
well Any recomendations for new fish? i already seleted an algae crew, 3 otos... Now in quarrintine... I am gonna be super careful about new fish..
oh and i found out a new way for my wood to work, i buried the back so there is 3 looks like roots, or trees and attached some java ferns to the top of the middle one and it looks like a tree...