Seattle Stores
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
fisher13
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Seattle Stores

I go to Seattle quite often and iwas wonder what is the best store in the area for plants cichlidsco2 etc
fisher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
connordude27
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (36/100%)

Plants and Co2 I would have to say Aquarium plus. I go there often and the owner knows his stuff. He also has a lot of shrimp and products you won't find anywhere else. (He is also an ADA dealer for the area and carries their tanks and Aquasoil)

As for cichlids there is a store that i hear is very good (The owner breeds cichlids and is very knowledgeable about them ) never been there but the name is A Place for Pets
connordude27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

Wafishbox.com is a good forum for people in Washington, im sure you could piggyback on that forum. I live on the east side of washington so I can't help you with local stores.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
AlexW
Algae Grower

PTrader: (16/100%)

Always worth a visit to the chinatown stores; QT aquarium, Kings Discus, Liems and of course, my favorite all around is Aquarium Plus... Jimmy is the best store owner/employee I've met! CO2 systems are cheap, awesome plants, shrimp and just about any plant supplies you could wish for.

A Place for Pets is great for alot of stuff, they carry EI ferts (only place I know of locally that does)... a good plant selection of the more common things and some great SA/CA cichlids, africans aren't much other than mbuna.

I work at Midway Pets... not the best place for plants cuz nobody understands plants need LIGHT and tanks that don't look like mud to survive Our cichlids are (IMO) pretty good... I'm in charge of africans and the juvie SA/CA cichlids and I try to keep the selection diverse and healthy.
AlexW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

Hehe, just noticed this but we are all bronze....

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Old 08-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
keitarosan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

i've been looking for a decent LFS too in the seattle, bellingham, burlington and the surrounding area. couldn't find one so i always go to petsmart instead.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

There is a meeting where Tom Barr (you may have seen him on this forum) is coming next month. I am sure the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) would be glad if you came.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1