IRC discussion?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 12-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
silicagel
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

IRC discussion?

Does anybody know of a good aquaria IRC chatroom?
silicagel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Oqsy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy

nope, but perhaps we could start one
there is, of course, the chat function here... there aren't always folks chatting, though. My vote is for DalNet... it's older and not as popular, but its solid and rarely lost service over the last year or so. i'd love to see a big response to this post and perhaps we could just funnel that traffic into the chatroom here instead of somewhere else. in either case, a nice place for aquaria chat would be fantastic.

update: #aquaria on irc.dal.net exists... there is one user there now, but I'm not sure how busy it gets... I'll check there from time to time and keep update on this thread

Oqsy
Eheim Pimp #171
55 gallon jungle in progress; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
Oqsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
silicagel
Algae Grower

If there's nothing really substantial out there, then yeah.. we should definitely try to establish something. This forum is fantastic, and one of the best all around aquarium forums I've ever seen by far, but real-time chat for the lot of us computer junkies would be even better for debate and quick references. I'll check out the #aquaria on DALnet and see what that's all about. That'd be the natural choice for me since I loathe the thought of running an IRC channel and DALnet is my 'home' network.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:45 AM   #4
Oqsy
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy

ah, dalnet here too... since 95! almost 10 years of my life spent staring at a white screen waiting for something to talk about...

Oqsy
Eheim Pimp #171
55 gallon jungle in progress; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
Old 12-24-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
silicagel
Algae Grower

The heck with it. I don't think the op in #aquaria is around too much, so I figured I'd go ahead and start a new channel by the name #aquascape.

If anybody frequents DALnet, do stop by.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:01 AM   #6
Oqsy
Wannabe Guru

i've been by a couple of times... not catching anyone in there...

Oqsy
Eheim Pimp #171

Old 12-26-2004, 03:11 AM   #7
gnatster
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Fairly active Plant based chat on irc.everywherechat.com #APCChat *

* yer humble scribe is an op on that chat and a mod on sponsoring site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.