New 29g tank Journal (need advice as well) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
VincentK
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
*las* fotos.
Lol oops, I dropped out of Spanish last semester.
Great tank, I like your plant choices.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
msawdey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

good choice in plants.. I agree that you should probably take the ones in front out of "line"... maybe put a background up of a solid color (or paint)... like a light blue.. but your well on your way..

get some co2 going and maybe some ferts and you will see an explosion of life in your tank
msawdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
esab
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

So it's been awhile since I've written anything. So far so good, I made the mistake of not being careful in replacing the water in the tank (I don't have any plants in my cichlid tank) and a lot of the plants came up, so I had to replant them last night. I am going to be getting some fish this week, LFS had some Leopard Danios that i might get, I'd like those Galaxy Rasbora's but they are expensive online and haven't seen any in LFS. I am finding that plant clippings are clogging my power filter. Does anyone have any suggestions so that it doesn't get clogged? Some of my plants are melting (which I expected) but I'm hoping to put together my DIY CO2 this week and hopefully along with some root tabs this tank will take off. I've currently got the light on 12 hours a day.
esab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
esab
Algae Grower

So I am currently setting up my CO2 today, unfortunately my bubble counter broke as I was hooking it up to the airline tubing . Also I've noticed some white fungus around my driftwood, and looks like some shrimp would take care of it but unfortunately shrimp out here are really expensive I don't know what to do. Does anyone know of any place near Chicago that sells shrimp cheap?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
nemosreef
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)

Check out the plant trader. There are people on here that are always selling shrimp at real good prices.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...pdate-6-a.html
10gal. Planted Aquarium, 38gal. Planted Aquarium.
nemosreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #21
esab
Algae Grower

Default *update*

So far so good, but I want to make sure it stays that way. So in my last post I stated that I broke my bubble counter, well it seems that my diffuser wasn't all that great either. I just don't think I have enough pressure behind it to push through the airstone in the diffuser. So I decided to get a Hagen Elite Mini Filter and make a diffuser out of it from a post I saw online. It is working great! The little CO2 bubbles seem to be suspended in the water and seem to be getting dispersed pretty well. Problem is, is that today when I came home I had a lot of algae on the front of my tank and there was some foamy bubbles on the top of the water above the CO2 diffuser. I have the diffuser all the way at the bottom of the tank. I'm not sure if those bubbles are ok or not, but I don't want to lose my fish or my plants (I have 2 pearl gourami, 5 leopard danios, 1 bamboo shrimp, and 6 ghost shrimp with about 15 cherry shrimp on their way). Does anyone know what those bubbles are? I've read that it's because of poor water quality, but I just did a water change about 2-3 days ago. Also no one has written me back about the white fungus like substance growing on my DW or about preventing plant clippings from going up the intake on my filter. When my tank gets cleaned (my snails love algae ) and I get a few more fish in there i'll take some pics. Thanks for looking.

Tags
29 gallon, aquarium, freshwater, new tank setup, tropical fish