Gadsden, AL-Lang's Tropical Fish
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 01-09-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
RoseHawke
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke

Gadsden, AL-Lang's Tropical Fish

This shop is actually a bit south of Gadsden on 431; on the left if you're traveling south. No plants, but absolutely pristine tanks, many unusual fish varieties, saltwater to freshwater selection is about 50/50. Prices seemed good also. They occasionally sell hardware on eBay under the ID of blang366606z4q. They have an absolutely monstrous tank (to me anyway) in the shop housing what looks to be a full grown pacu with a couple of other equally large tankmates. Very nice family run business. They also have a web site (Lang's Tropical Fish) but it's not very active and I get the idea that they don't have the time to fool with it much.

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
RoseHawke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
redcrane
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Lang's Tropical Fish

I agree this is one of the nicest fish stores I have ever been in. Worth driving a couple of hours to get to. I have been there one time and they were very busy. Lots of fish choices. Good prices.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Alabama Aquatic Plants
auquaticplantman@gmail.com
The Aquatic Gardeners Association, Inc. is an international nonprofit organization of aquatic plant enthusiasts, which appeals to both beginners and experienced hobbyists alike. The AGA publishes a quarterly journal called The Aquatic Gardener, the only English language journal devoted to aquarium plants and planted aquaria.
redcrane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Rudilyn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I was at Lang's yesterday - they've got a huge amount of Java fern in now, and I spotted a banana plant (not sure of the Latin for that one) - and the website won't be back up, but they're on Facebook now.
Rudilyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.