CO2 Supplier?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alaska

Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
macpaws

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 Supplier?

Greetings!

After a few years of owning and maintaining a fish-only freshwater aquarium, I am gearing up to start a planted aquarium. I wanted to upgrade in size, so I am taking this opportunity to start with new substrate (since I only had cheap gravel to start with) and start growing plants. I am wondering who all of you use for your CO2? I would normally ask they people at the Reef, but unfortunately, they've closed up shop - kinda sad, actually...

Incidentally, I'll have a 55G tank, stand, and top up for grabs for anyone willing to provide muscle to assist with the transition. ...whenever the new tank and stand arrives.
macpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
sajata
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

if you are asking about refilling CO2 tanks, you can try a fire extinguisher service center or a beverage center, that is if you want to own your own tank. if you don't mind a steel tank that you swap when you fill it you can try a welding supply company.

if you are talking about tanks here are two retailers

Green Leaf Aquariums aka GLA
aquariumplants.com

i have done business with both all positive i have a 20# from the second supplier.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
AkCrimson
Planted Member

Are you aware of Alaska Coral Maniacs on Tudor? They are a GREAT lfs.

Unfortunately, I doubt they will be able to help you. They focus mostly on saltwater.

If you do find a good c02 source, do share! I would recommend the firemen shop on Dimond perhaps.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
macpaws

I am aware of them. Tim's been working hard to catch up on the FW side of the house. Just ordered the new tank from him. AirGas and Air Liquide are about the only two options here. Found that AirGas was about 30% cheaper than AL.
macpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
bbeddes
livin' the dream

PTrader: (6/100%)

If you already own a tank and just want to swap it out, then Airgas is a good option. They do have location in your city. I swapped my 10 lb. out today and paid 10.87 plus tax for the full replacement.

If you don't already own a tank, I would NOT suggest buying one from Airgas. For an outright tank purchase, they are outrageously expensive for some reason.
bbeddes is offline   Reply With Quote