Plants in Lexington
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Kentucky

Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
Joetee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Default Plants in Lexington

I was really amazed when I walked into Meyers yesterday and seen all there fish tanks full of plants. Lots of different types too. They even had a nice pot of HC and Lotus. Lot of different plants.
Every time I go into a store that sells fish, weather its Walmart, etc., I always make my way to the fish department just to have a look. I don't usually buy fish from those stores due to the conditions and dead fish but I still don't mind having a look. But this time Meyers had more plants than I have seen in any fish store. They must have just received an order, don't know, but every tank was full. They just recently hired a new guy. Maybe that had something to do with it. So I picked up a male Wagtail Platy to service my 3 females, so I guess he's happy. LOL I also got some Pennywort and a Java Fern. By the time I had the Java Fern all separated and pruned, I had about 7 or 8 plants to tie down.
I don't know how long they are going to last due to the regular store fish tank lighting, etc but they looked good Saturday.

Joe
Joetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
spalmer114
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I went to Meijers on Sunday and the plants were in very bad shape. I guess if you can buy them as soon as they get to the store, then they are in good shape. They just simply don't have the conditions to maintain the plants for too long. Next time I'm there I will see if I can find out when they get there plant shipments.
spalmer114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

i guarantee that just fish has a better selection than meijers, i go there sometime because its close to me, but who knows... maybe they did have some good plants, i have noticed that they have had that palm tree that is very common kept in their aquariums, which is not aquatic, but who knows :P
Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
nugzboltz
Algae Grower

Smile

I second Just Fish. They have friendly and knowledgeable staff, with some beautifully setup display tanks. I've been buying the majority of my plants from them.
nugzboltz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
aqua hippy
Algae Grower

Were is just fish?? Meijers is the woorst place to get anything fish...imo

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
aqua hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Frisha
Algae Grower

Didn't Just Fish close? Pretty sure they did. I go to Animal House over off Richmond road, or the Incredapet on Southland.
Frisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

yup, just fish closed. No good LFS in lexington.

Animal house is the only LFS.
keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Frisha
Algae Grower

Actually for most things I have been pretty happy with the 2 I mentioned. The guy in charge of the fish at Incridapet, on Southland Dr. does seem to know his fish. I go there for food, medicine, some of the plants, etc. And over to Animal House for fish, invert's, and a few plants. I have been happier with the selection of plants at Incridapet then Animal House, but for livestock Animal House trumps Incradpet IMO. But for most of the base equipment I order online.
Frisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
kychris
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I agree about Animal House's fish selection, they have a very nice variety of fish that the chains don't carry. However, I was over there last week and the smell of ammonia was so bad it made me dizzy. Hopefully it was an isolated incident.
kychris is offline   Reply With Quote