2 bags SMS charcoal B'ham - maybe ;)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 09-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
RoseHawke
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Default 2 bags SMS charcoal B'ham - maybe ;)

Okay, I was just messing about the Lesco site and found that the Homewood distributor is listing 2 bags of Soilmaster Select Charcoal in stock. I don't know if he actually has the stuff, but if someone in the Birmingham area wants it you probably need to jump on it and call them up to verify. My next tank will be a 125 so I'll probably need three bags, and in any case I don't want to store it.

Just passin' it along.

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
RoseHawke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
JustOneMore21
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (65/100%)

They are supposed to be ordering me some (just 1 bag).....last time I heard from the guy (Monday) they didn't have any in stock. Sorry to burst the bubble.

And they better call me when they get it!

I called them in late August to see if they had any in stock...of course they didn't. The manager told me to order online, that it would be faster. Well I finally called last week (its been a month) to see what was up and the guy said he'd check around the store to see if it was there. Well the call Monday let me know they didn't have any.....so I'm still waiting.

My tank info page
JustOneMore21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
RoseHawke
Wannabe Guru

Then tell 'em they need to update their inventory:

http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=083365

It doesn't show up if you do a search for "Soilmaster" but it does show up if you look under the product listings. It's distinctly possible that the stuff is "in the back" but not showing up under certain queries.

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
Old 09-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
unix2k
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to unix2k Send a message via MSN to unix2k Send a message via Yahoo to unix2k

yeah go to SEED > MULCH > SOIL AMENDMENT > CLAY
Soilmaster is in that area
unix2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
JustOneMore21
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (65/100%)

Hmm...the guy I talked to Monday said he was putting an order through, so if I don't hear from them in the next week or week and half, might have to call again and tell them to check everywhere in the place....haha.

I was getting excited about it, but its taking so long for them to get it in.

My tank info page
JustOneMore21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
RoseHawke
Wannabe Guru

Hmmmm. That sounds suspicious to me. It sounds an awful lot like what usually happens to me when I special order something (doesn't matter who it's from.) I would definitely ask them to check after a reasonable amount of time, and also mention how the query using the SEED > MULCH > SOIL AMENDMENT > CLAY that unix mentioned will bring up an inventory indicating two bags in stock. That really sounds like it might be your SMS but for some reason isn't showing up in the main inventory. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came in and some clerk said "What the heck is this? Two bags?" and it got put in the wrong place or something. I hope not, but I've come to expect these types of things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.