Cajun Dwarf Crayfish
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Lucubration
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Cajun Dwarf Crayfish

Hey! I just wanted to share my excitement at getting a few Cajun Dwarf Crayfish in the mail today. Two pairs, and one of the females arrived berried!

I really want them to be the bottom dwellers in my big shrimp tank that's still coming together, so I'm incredibly excited that they're here and apparently doing well. They ones I got are practically the same size as the adult shrimp, though the more mature pair seem a bit 'thicker'.

They seem entirely peaceful so far; they've watched cherry shrimp roam inches away and instead turned around and nibbled on Ken's Mini Veggie Sticks, and when they encounter each other they tend to dart backwards and go explore somewhere else instead of wrestling.

Now I just gotta hope these guys settle in fine and start thriving.
Lucubration is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/96%)

i dunno why, but all my rcs in my cajun crayfish tank died =/ even the amanos. died and eaten O.o. lol
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

oh no! my cherries are actually breeding in my cajun tank. often times when netting i cant distinguish the babies so i leave them.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/96%)

yea my sister was complaining that the tank was a bit empty with the 6 cajun crayfish, so i added 30 rcs and 3 amanos and 10 least killifish fry. All gone besides 5 least killifish, lol =/ i guess we dont feed them enough and they are supplementing their diet, lol.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
RusselltheShihTzu
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)

My CPOs live with RCS, Thai Micro Crabs and a Betta. No loss of any life. The CPOs and RCS are constantly active. The TMC come out when I put on the "moonlight" LEDs.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do miine.
RusselltheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
Lucubration
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'm not even sure my Micro Crabs are eating. They're in their own tank with a few juvenile rabbit snails (and a teeeeny shrimplet that arrived in a ziploc bag with an order of Subwassertang XD).

One of the little crabs died just a few days in, and the other four I can't even judge if they've cleaned up parts of the crumbs of sinking food I drop in for them.
Lucubration is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

i feed my tanks twice a day, albeit small portions, just to make sure everyone is partially fed to some degree. i mainly do this for the babies but everyone usually eats before they get to... as usual.