Nanotank setups and LARGE mopani driftwood FS
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 03-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Texex
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Default Nanotank setups and LARGE mopani driftwood FS

Hello All,

I'm in the process of getting rid of a bunch of extra tank and equipment that is taking up space in my basement. I have a couple of small tank setups that will include filters and a light and I can include some mixed ADA/Flourite Black gravel to get you started.

The first setup is an 8"X8"X8" plexi-cube tank with a painted background. It includes a TOM Mini Cannister filter and Coralife 18W Mini Aqualight. Both the filter and light are practically brand new and used less than 3 months. I'm asking $40 OBO for this setup.

The second setup is a glass setup that is 6"X9"X7". This was one of my favorite tanks for shrimp and it was small and easy to take care of. I used a lamp, but will include a JBJ Nano-Glo 4 LED light. This light is BRIGHT and more than enough light for this tank. I'm also including a Red Sea HOB Nano Filter. I'd like $35 OBO.

The last item is a piece of African Mopani driftwood that I purchased over 13 years ago and have dragged with me over 4 states. I hate to part with this piece of wood, but I have no place for it and it doesn't fit the current plans for my tank. This piece of driftwood is just under 24"X8"X5" and is HEAVY. It does not need to be soaked given it's weight and has some awesome nooks and crannies for Anubias and Java fern or for places for fish to breed. I'd like to get $50 for this as I paid over $200 for it originally.

All of these are for local pickup and I can deliver to a mutual meeting location if it's within reasonable distance from the northwest suburbs.

Thanks!
Texex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Texex
Algae Grower

Not sure why my pics aren't showing, but I can send pics for those interested.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Stitcher
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Would the driftwood be too larger for a 55G?
Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Texex
Algae Grower

The wood has been sold. It would fit in a 55G tank, which is what it was in when I first purchased it years ago, but it fit awkwardly in the tank. Gonna miss that piece of mopani, but it's going to a good home!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #5
TopShelf_Symbiosis
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey Texex,

Can you send me a picture of the plexi set up? Im interested and im in the city with a car.
TopShelf_Symbiosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Texex
Algae Grower

HI Topshelf. The plexi setup has already been sold. If you'd like a pic of the other setup, let me know.

Thanks!