a little info please
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
drhemlock2
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default a little info please

i have been trying to find a way to drive some leds for my build that i could afford but would like not to have to gather the componets and build one. you can find it on the ebay using this search phrase

Arduino 6 channel led shield 3 currents can be set 0,35-0,7-1A

has anyone used or have any idea if this would work for driving three strings of 12 3w high power leds i will be using a meanwell powersupply as well as using jardunio to interface with it.

doc

drhemlock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhemlock2 View Post
i have been trying to find a way to drive some leds for my build that i could afford but would like not to have to gather the componets and build one. you can find it on the ebay using this search phrase

Arduino 6 channel led shield 3 currents can be set 0,35-0,7-1A

has anyone used or have any idea if this would work for driving three strings of 12 3w high power leds i will be using a meanwell powersupply as well as using jardunio to interface with it.

doc

It would probably work, but it's only rated to 30V, so you won't be able to drive 12 leds per string. More like 9-10 at the most.
225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ twin Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Custom 320 watt LED Lighting system utilizing a 6' Maker's Heat Sink, 12 BridgeLux Vero 18's,3 purpose built 5 channel A6211 Led driver/Controllers, and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
O2surplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
drhemlock2
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default thanks

i hoped you would respond i trust your ensights on this matter and hope to get one of your newest controller system when you hae one put together. i hope to get the leds and stuff this month less something else happens and get after building the lighting system full steam ahead. if you need someone to test one of these out i would be willing for sure.
doc
drhemlock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhemlock2 View Post
i hoped you would respond i trust your ensights on this matter and hope to get one of your newest controller system when you hae one put together. i hope to get the leds and stuff this month less something else happens and get after building the lighting system full steam ahead. if you need someone to test one of these out i would be willing for sure.
doc
Send me a PM (Ssshhhhh! I've already built 5)
225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ twin Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Custom 320 watt LED Lighting system utilizing a 6' Maker's Heat Sink, 12 BridgeLux Vero 18's,3 purpose built 5 channel A6211 Led driver/Controllers, and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
O2surplus is offline   Reply With Quote