CO2 line into HOB
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Firemedic269
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default CO2 line into HOB

I was wondering if anybody has heard of anyone successfully Running a DIY CO2 line into a HOB filter. I am trying to eliminate as many lines into my tank is possible. What enough CO2 get into the water and tank to make this worthwhile? Or is it a much better idea to continue continue to run the CO2 directly into the tank. I had a powerhead running next to my DIY CO2 which moved it throughout the tank. I have since added shrimp and removed the powerhead because there was too much flow. Now my CO2 is on the opposite side of the tank as my HOB filter. Should I just move CO2 to the same side as the filter so the moving water circulates the CO2? Or can I directly inject the CO2 into the water in the HOB filter? Thanks for the help.
Firemedic269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Mathman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default CO2 line into HOB

The aquaclear has a small hole inside where I just stick the airline and it works great!
Mathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
Yankee
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

I've done this before with an AC20 and it works good well. You'll have some noise since the bubbles will be hitting the impeller - I'd suggest you use a very skinny air stone and make sure to build a bubble counter so no yeast builds up at the end of the tube and clogs/infests your filter.
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote