how many 2 liter bottles?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
ronnie6989
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default how many 2 liter bottles?

Whats going on....... I have a 25 gal tank and want to know how many 2 liter bottles for co2 should I hook up together to get a close level of co2 in tank.

Tks Ronnie
ronnie6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Bandit1200
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

I used 3 of them on my 29 which was pretty heavily planted. I tied them all together using a check valve on each one so that you don't lose pressure in the whole line when you disconnect one to swap out. I changed one bottle every weekend in rotation. For me they seemed to produce for about 3 weeks, so that's how I ended up with that rotation.
Bandit1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
BraveBuc
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1200 View Post
I used 3 of them on my 29 which was pretty heavily planted. I tied them all together using a check valve on each one so that you don't lose pressure in the whole line when you disconnect one to swap out. I changed one bottle every weekend in rotation. For me they seemed to produce for about 3 weeks, so that's how I ended up with that rotation.
Wow, that is exactly what I did with my 29g too. 3 bottles, one change a week during my weekend water change/maintenance.
BraveBuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)

How much CO2 you need depends on how much light you have. If you only have low light, you can get a very noticeable improvement with just one bottle, but the fluctuating CO2 output might lead to more algae than you would have otherwise. For medium light, I think 2 bottles would be enough, and the CO2 fluctuation would be less also. More light than that and I'm not sure that even 3 bottles would work well, considering that you would still have some fluctuation in the CO2 output, and might see more algae than you want.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
ronnie6989
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Co2 and LIght

I am using 2 coralife 6700k day lights at about 10 hrs a day. I am also working on a co2 diffuser that spins the co2 in to a tornado so it would dissolve the co2 better. I like ur Idea on check valves on each bottle (THanks).

Ronnie
Attached Images

ronnie6989 is offline   Reply With Quote