Squirrel skeleton in tank pics!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Squirrel skeleton in tank pics!!!

Okay, I fibbed. It's not in the tank yet, but I do have some pics. I apologize for the lousy quality, and will say that the cardboard is so you can't see my embarrassingly messy room. I can't really figure out how to do this, so you'll have to copy/paste these codes into your web browser to see the pics.

I just coated the bones in epoxy, so now they're hanging up to dry. Yes, I have epoxy-covered squirrel bones hanging from a string in my room. Yes, this is normal around here.

This is the skull, with a runny nose from the epoxy

As promised, two pics of the cow vertebrae in the tank.

Last edited by Betta132; 01-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: Adding pics! So, can you see these? The backbone pic looked awful when I uploaded it.
Betta132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
jester56
Planted Member

Those are locations on your computer, Betta. We can't see them. Go to the Image Hosting button on the main forum page toolbar. It is pretty much easy to upload your pics there. Then copy the address from the photo that is in the box. Come to your post and, using the Go Advanced button, click the IMG button and paste the address into the box. Save your post and you should get the image. Thats about as simole as I get it. Try it a few times until you get it right. We're all waiting! LOL!
Nikon Pimp #084
"The legal quarter of tight lipped men, push for order, then repeat again." KTP
jester56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
funkman262
Algae Grower

Lol Betta132, that made me laugh pretty hard. Thank you for that :-)
funkman262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

Oh, alright, I'll go upload the images, sorry... I couldn't work it out before.
You're most welcome! Lol, this has to be the only house in America where fishing line, superglue, squirrel bones, and epoxy can be found in an aquarium project, or any kind of project!
My adventures in keeping Indostomus crocodilus, the crocodile toothpick fish. AKA armored stickleback, paradox fish, and freshwater pipefish. Care is (to the best of my knowledge) exactly the same as Indostomus paradoxus.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
lochaber
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

You can also add pics as attachments to your post instead of using an image hosting. click on the little paperclip bit, and you should be able to browse your computer's folders and such.
lochaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

Wow. You are just like me, as I was 30 years ago! Once a friend & I found a freshly dead cormorant on the beach and we took it back to her place & dissected it on her kitchen floor to see why it died! lol (On plastic trash bags covered with newspaper = easy cleanup). btw, it choked on a snapper blue stuck in it's throat.

Some folks don't get it, but i think it's cool - can't wait to hear more!
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

If that was me, I would have taken it home, maybe poked around with it a little, then buried it for the bones! I really want a waterbird skeleton. I got a dissection kit for Christmas and grinned my face off for an hour! Scared my cousin with the way I was laughing... Does anyone happen to live in Central Texas and know where I can get some bones?
I'm just waiting for the epoxy to cure (few more days, probably) and then I can get it in the tank.
I found out that sometimes heavy, toxic gases will seep from the ground in a place with a lot of volcanic activity, and anything that walks into a valley filled with these gases will go to sleep and never wake up. So technically, it's not unheard of for a number of mostly intact animal skeletons to be in one place... If anyone asks, that's my excuse for putting bones in my tank. That, and it's unique!
My adventures in keeping Indostomus crocodilus, the crocodile toothpick fish. AKA armored stickleback, paradox fish, and freshwater pipefish. Care is (to the best of my knowledge) exactly the same as Indostomus paradoxus.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #8
Kyguylal
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Ask some hunters. They'll have some. Or buy a chicken from the grocery store if it doesn't have to be an aquatic bird
Kyguylal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Darn, I still can't see the skull photo.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
sapphoqueen
Planted Tank Obsessed

I can see what a awesome aquarium decoration you are building!
i just can't wait for my cat to die :P
Subscribed!

Last edited by sapphoqueen; 01-13-2013 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: preparing my cat for funerals
sapphoqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

@KyGylal, I've never found a grocery store chicken that has the skeleton intact.
Darkblade48, sorry about that, the picture is being sort of picky. You can see the skull pretty well in the top picture...
@sapphoqueen, that's one way to give your pet a burial at sea! I personally wouldn't use bones from a pet cat, it just feels kind of odd, but that's just my two cents.
I'm going to a fish store later today that usually has some large fish, and they just got a shipment in recently. They usually have one or two fish arrive in not-so-good shape, so I may get a fish skeleton...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
RyUGuy
Algae Grower

You would happen to be from Central Texas wouldn't you j/k!
RyUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #13
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

Gah, so sorry I didn't post on this before! Actually, I am from Central Texas...
So, here are the pictures, finally! For size reference, the gourami is about 2 1/2" long. I apologise for the bad quality, these are cell phone pics.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #14
Big O
Raider for life

PTrader: (33/100%)

WTF! LOL!
CRAZY!
Is it a full moon?
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #15
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

I don't think so... This is just an idea I had. It's gonna look awesome when the moss under the ribcage grows in!

Tags
bones, epoxy, pics, skeleton, squirrel