Good 5 Gal Betta Tank?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
kj fishy-finn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Good 5 Gal Betta Tank?

New to the site. Joined after I kept getting hits on this site on my quest to start researching.

I currently have a 5 gal Marineland Hex setup with a betta and a snail and some Cryptocoryne becketti that's surviving in there just barely which I took from my 20 gal when I tore it down. My first attempt a few years ago at plants was a failure. But now I want to do it right and that means putting in the time to really plan it out and make better informed decisions.

So I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced 5 gal tank that I can replace the one I have now. I could probably make the one I have now work but I don't think the shape is very flattering for viewing the fish and plants and because I would prefer something glass. Maybe something where the filter, heater, and lights are not all junky looking but cleanly hidden and sleek looking.

Does anyone know of any good tanks that fit this description? And, with any experience with a specific tank, list some pros and cons? I've been browsing on PetSmart and Petco, looking at what they offer.
kj fishy-finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
TECKSPEED
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

I believe Marineland has a 5 gallon starter kit at Petco/PetSmart. (correct me if im wrong) I have had no probelms with any of Marinelands items, the advantage to a starter kit would be getting the hang on back filter heater etc.

TECK
TECKSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
OrangeSoda
Algae Grower

Fluval Spec V.
Petco 6 gallon bookshelf.

I like the shape and they give a long run room.

N1k0n #58

They asked me to move because I was blocking a fire exit.
If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. -Mitch Hedberg
OrangeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
kj fishy-finn
Algae Grower

What about either of these:
Top Fin 5.5
Aqueon Evolve 8
Ecoxotic EcoPico

Last edited by kj fishy-finn; 01-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: added another link
kj fishy-finn is offline   Reply With Quote