What do I need?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Colorblizzle
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default What do I need?

Ok I'm setting up a 10g heavily planted tank it will also house fish. I don't know what species of fish or plants for sure yet but I want to purchase my equipment soon. Here's my dilemma with all the terms thrown at me such as watts lumen lux and PAR it's hard for me to decide. I'm a bit of a slow learner when it comes to this stuff. Im NOT going to he using CO2 so my question is what do I need? I'm told T8 isn't powerful enough and with a dual T5 HO fixture the output will be too much and I will need CO2 or excel so I need something in between and I can't find a single T5 fixture that is HO so can somebody tell me exactly what I need to reach the right PAR and everything? Maybe even with a link or brief description? I've been researching and looking for almost a week. Ill learn about it still after I get it but I'd rather have it first in this case. I'm on a budget but open to all suggestions. Also hanging anything above the tank is out of the question. This tank is in my 5 years olds bedroom. Also I don't want to use screw in bulbs so basically T8, T5 HO, LES, sub compact etc...
Colorblizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Colorblizzle
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Led*
Colorblizzle is offline   Reply With Quote