Wanted: Simple, wrought iron aquarium stand
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Alplily
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Default Wanted: Simple, wrought iron aquarium stand

Looking for a larger one for a project, 30" or longer. Thanks... PM with a photo if you have one!

12G Rimless Club
Alplily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
dbosman@msu.edu
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Shipping on a metal stand, of the "wrought iron" style, will be expensive. Light but very bulky. Have you checked thrift or charity stores?
Have you checked your nearest Craig's list? It looks to me, like Fort Collins list would be nearest for you. but up and down hill could really mess with mileage.

Here is a 40L tank and stand for $75.00 in Commerce City
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3494145792.html

40 gallon breeder tank a wrought iron stand in South Littleton for $79.
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3471925272.html

35 Gallon Aquarium with Iron Stand and all accessories. $50.00 in Denver Lakewood Arvada Littleton, where ever that is.
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3421743845.html

Good luck.
dbosman@msu.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
dbosman@msu.edu
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

I'm sorry, I went back and saw that you'd posted to the Colorado state sub forum.
I click on "new posts" and didn't pay any attention to the location.
dbosman@msu.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

Have you checked with DenverTankCollector? He has access to a lot of cool stuff, and might even have one stashed!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
DenverTankCollector
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I sent her a message. I had to go look in my junk collection to see what I had. I am in the middle of a fish room remodel, making room for "just one more tank" so I don't know what I will have left over. I have a 29 gallon metal stand and I still have that old wooden 55 gallon stand I tried to send home with HighDesert. Its ugly but strong. Apparently too ugly for her, she has taste and slammed her car door before I could load it in.
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types) and growing Desert gobys. My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

LOL! It was the stand or the kid... I had to think about it for a minute. ;-) I'm still watching for your 20 gallon. I'll be up next week. I'll give you a call and maybe we can meet up! I still owe you cholla.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
Elppan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
LOL! It was the stand or the kid... I had to think about it for a minute. ;-) I'm still watching for your 20 gallon. I'll be up next week. I'll give you a call and maybe we can meet up! I still owe you cholla.
Lol! You'd have more money for aquariums if you "accidentally" left children behind... haha.

Sent from my phone, in the land of magical unicorns and rainbows!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Alplily
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks, everyone... I have a few leads! My project is not aquarium-related... I am building a console table.

12G Rimless Club
Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
Alplily
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi all... I found what I need for now, but keep me in mind if you have any in the future! Thanks!

12G Rimless Club