Big ol' Common Pleco Needs BIGGER digs
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)
Default Big ol' Common Pleco Needs BIGGER digs

I have a gorgeous, healthy 12"+ common sailfin pleco that needs a new and larger home. He was already a bit too big for the 55 I bought him with (gotta love Craigslist), and I upgraded to an 80 and he's already outgrowing it. I love this guy to pieces, but he's just not happy in my 80 gallon and my budget isn't allowing for a bigger tank right now. :-( If you have an 80+ tank (mine is a community tank, so he just doesn't have enough room) and are willing to keep this guy as he becomes a monster, I would love for him to live with you. NO ponds or stock tanks (unless the stock tank is indoors year-around). I am heading up to Colorado for the Thanksgiving weekend and would be happy to deliver him anywhere between Santa Fe and Ft. Collins along I-25, or I can meet you somewhere. I will try to post photos a little later. He's a beauty!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
AVN
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

I would take him in my 300g as there's no stock, just plants, but I can't meet you to pick him up. I have the same pleco except 7" in there right now.

Indoor, filtered, heated, decorated, the works. A luxury condominium for a pair of plecos.

If there aren't any takers and you really want to get rid of him, go local, or we can discuss shipping!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

Anyone want an amazing pleco???
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
AVN
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

I seem to recall DenverTankCollector telling me once he had friends who made the drive out to California frequently. If we managed to get the Pleco dropped off there and then driven here, I could pick him up near the lower LA area.

Shoot him a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.