Female bettas need a new home
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Oregon

Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Jayme
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Female bettas need a new home

I have 4 female bettas that are living in a 20 long right now that was supposed to be a shrimp tank. I originally had decided I was going to house them in my 50 community but quickly found that would not work due to feeding issues.

I am looking for someone to adopt them that will give them a good home. They do fine with each other but could be split up without any issue I'm sure.

They would not do well with other fish (they are not nippy with other species but they will eat any and all food they see, everyone else will starve and they will balloon up) and I would not trust them with any shrimp (I haven't tried but they like to put everything in their mouth, like small children.) They have MTS and a small Nerite in with them now without issue.

As with most bettas they are full of personality however this tank set up I have just wasn't designed for them and although I've made some adjustments I think they would be happier in a new home with someone that can give them more attention and where they can be located in a more active area of the house. I do weekly water changes and feed them New Life Spectrum betta food.

I will only allow them to go to an experienced fish keeper who knows the importance of filters, heaters, larger tanks, and proper cycling for bettas (and any other fish for that matter.) I may not have the perfect environment for them but I do not want them to end up in poor living conditions, I'd rather just keep them here where I know they will be safe.

If you are interested please feel free to ask any questions and if it gets serious I will be requesting pictures of their future home and will be asking questions myself as well.

I will not ship them, I don't have the supplies and will not risk losing them due to my inexperience with shipping living creatures. I am located in Woodburn, OR and would possibly be willing to deliver depending on distance, scheduling, and how I feel about you as a person...

And now on to the ladies. (These are older pictures of first day I got them, I'll be trying to get newer ones tonight after work)

Opal - veil tail, brought her home March 22, 2012. SHE IS A JUMPER!

Pearl - veil tail, brought her home March 22, 2012.

Violet (because she eats everyone's food and looks like Violet from Willy Wonka) & Scarlet - crown tails, brought home August 16, 2012. Hard to get a picture of them since the tank is so dark. Violet is the blue one, Scarlet the red one is case it wasn't obvious. Here is a video of these two when I first got them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgYMt...2dBMOF7arH0bfw
Jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
jmsaltfish797
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

PM'd
jmsaltfish797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Jayme
Planted Member

Bump. The ladies are still available. Free to good home.

I have also discovered that they will live with ghost shrimp without any issues.

Here are some updated pics and video:

http://youtu.be/xems5pyz2Sg

Opal

Pearl

Violet

Scarlet
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Jayme
Planted Member

I have had a couple of people say they were interested but nothing ever went through. I am headed up to the Vancouver area tomorrow so if you are interested and have a suitable place for them and are in the PDX/Vancouver area feel free to PM me and we can try and figure something out.

Please do not PM me unless you are serious. If I take them up with me tomorrow they must have a good home, I am not headed back home immediately and do not want them riding around in small containers for any period of time.

Thank you.

EDIT: I am a little more pressed to find these girls a new home as I have baby creatures now that need a grow out tank and I don't have another appropriate tank for the purpose I can set up right now.

Last edited by Jayme; 12-15-2012 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: Added info
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Jayme
Planted Member

Default *bump*

I now have to break down ALL of my tanks. These ladies along with the rest of my fish will need new homes. I will be posting up a thread with inverts, plants, and equipment for sale once I get to that point.

Thanks for looking.

*edit*
My husband and I are back to working 7 days a week right now so delivery is most likely not an option.

Last edited by Jayme; 03-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
thelub

PTrader: (13/100%)

PM gourami1985. He lives in Salem and might be interested in taking them off your hands.
thelub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
gourami1985
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I would deffinetly be interested in them.
gourami1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
Jayme
Planted Member

PM sent! Thanks!