North Denver co2 refills just got easier, and cheaper
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Default North Denver co2 refills just got easier, and cheaper

I have been using Red Comet / ADX Fire Protection to refill my 5lb for some time, the drive down south to Englewood is just a bare when coming from Northglenn. Well, I went this morning to get it filled, and found out Red Comet is moving! Found out they are consolidating with another location. So they will be located up here in Northglenn in just a couple months.

The new location will be the address below

Red Comet / ADX Fire Protection
10475 Irma Dr. #16
Northglenn, Co 80233

My 5lb costs 8.00 to get filled, takes just a few min. and I am on my way. Super nice people too
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
tcomfort

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bummer! I get my CO2 from them as well, and my only complaint was that they were already too far north.
tcomfort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
willbldrco
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Nice!!! Thanks for that info!

BTW, do they refill your tank or do they just swap the empty with a full one like they do at the welding shops in Boulder?
Curious,

Will
willbldrco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcomfort View Post
Bummer! I get my CO2 from them as well, and my only complaint was that they were already too far north.
LOL, this is a great thing for everyone up north, most of the shops only do tank swaps and are expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbldrco View Post
Nice!!! Thanks for that info!

BTW, do they refill your tank or do they just swap the empty with a full one like they do at the welding shops in Boulder?
Curious,

Will
Will, they will fill your tank. And you do not have to give it to them for a few days like some of the other shops, they fill on site while you wait. usually takes just a few min. I did not want to give up my pretty bare aluminum bottle, so that is why I went all the way down south to do it.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
willbldrco
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Will, they will fill your tank. And you do not have to give it to them for a few days like some of the other shops, they fill on site while you wait. usually takes just a few min. I did not want to give up my pretty bare aluminum bottle, so that is why I went all the way down south to do it.
Ok, great! I've been going to General Air at Walnut and 38th where they do tank exchanges. I usually get nice tanks (sometimes bare aluminum with little to no wear), but they go in my under-tank cabinet, so I didn't really care as long as they worked.

The General Air guys give me free seals for the tanks, but the cost is $20 per exchange - MUCH more expensive.

Do you use new seals with each refill (which fit inside the regulator-to-tank connection)?
Curious,

Will
willbldrco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

I have not replaced my seal yet. It has been two refills since I bought the tank, and it is sealing just fine. I might go buy a package of the seals to replace it this next time, but as it sits now its sealing just fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.