Where to buy Angelfish in the St. Louis Area
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
BigCountry
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Where to buy Angelfish in the St. Louis Area

I am looking for angelfish to be a centerpiece of my planted tank. does anyone know of good sources in the St. Louis area? Preferably blues.
BigCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
tomfromstlouis
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

If I were looking for blues specifically, I would start by dialing each local store and asking if they even have any. Then go look if they say yes. You might need to have them shipped to you from Angels Plus or similar.
tomfromstlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
TWA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

There's got to be local breeder over there? Have you checked your local club? Over here in KC we have a few real nice angelfish breeders and I always hear about the exotic species "someone in Stl is breeding" so Im almost positive you've probably got at least one local angelfish breeder.
TWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
BigCountry
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I have found a local breeder through The AngelFish Forum. He even offered me some advice in trying to save the Petco Angels I bought, but alas, they were just too sickly from the start.

After I watch my tank for a few weeks to ensure the other fish are still OK, I'm going to go take a look at his fish (The other members of the forum raved about them). I imagine I'll be coming home with some nice fish at that time.