Looking for local plants
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
kern
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 29
Default Looking for local plants

Hey Colorado! Im in Fort Collins looking for some plants for my recently set up 90 gallon. Please pm with with what you have, how much, and where you are located. Im really just looking for extra trimmings of anything! Thanks!
kern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
Aquaticfan
Wannabe Guru
 
Aquaticfan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,200
Default

Im in the Fort Collins Area. Ive got some H Difformis and a few other stems/clippings.
__________________
Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
Aquaticfan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower
 
DenverTankCollector's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 131
Default

If you get to Denver or Aurora, I can usually spare some of the common plants to give you a start.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru
 
Noahma's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
Hey Colorado! Im in Fort Collins looking for some plants for my recently set up 90 gallon. Please pm with with what you have, how much, and where you are located. Im really just looking for extra trimmings of anything! Thanks!
Can you post a little more specs on your tank? Is it co2 injected? what fertilizer regimen are you using, what type of light are you using?


Depending on the above answers, I can get you a trimming of several types of plants. most require higher light, co2 injection, and a good fertilizer regimen.

In the next week or two, I can provide you with a few trimmings of Ludwigia inclinata 'cuba', pogostemon stelattus 'broad leaf', these are my higher light plants. mid and lower I have hygrophilia corymbosa 'angustifolia' which is a nice wide stem plant (6-10" wide!) Rotala Rotundifolia 'green', some bacopa of some sort, Lindernia sp. 'India'

lol I have a ton of plants, some I only have a very short quantity of some of the stems.

please excuse the spelling of the species, I did not want to spend the time looking up the correct spellings lol
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Aquaticfan
Wannabe Guru
 
Aquaticfan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Can you post a little more specs on your tank? Is it co2 injected? what fertilizer regimen are you using, what type of light are you using?


Depending on the above answers, I can get you a trimming of several types of plants. most require higher light, co2 injection, and a good fertilizer regimen.

In the next week or two, I can provide you with a few trimmings of Ludwigia inclinata 'cuba', pogostemon stelattus 'broad leaf', these are my higher light plants. mid and lower I have hygrophilia corymbosa 'angustifolia' which is a nice wide stem plant (6-10" wide!) Rotala Rotundifolia 'green', some bacopa of some sort, Lindernia sp. 'India'

lol I have a ton of plants, some I only have a very short quantity of some of the stems.

please excuse the spelling of the species, I did not want to spend the time looking up the correct spellings lol

LOL you sound like me Noahma.. With several tanks full... Its not hard to come by depending on what ive got at the time.. Have several low/mid and high light set ups.
The hygrophilia corymbosa 'angustifolia' is one I have tons of. Grows great in low, medium and high light.. But it like most all Hygrophilia is a major nutrient sucker. Think ive got about 8 different species of hygrow now. Maybe more.. have to look..

But Right now ive got a few different trimmings.
__________________
Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
Aquaticfan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru
 
Noahma's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
Hey Colorado! Im in Fort Collins looking for some plants for my recently set up 90 gallon. Please pm with with what you have, how much, and where you are located. Im really just looking for extra trimmings of anything! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaticfan View Post
LOL you sound like me Noahma.. With several tanks full... Its not hard to come by depending on what ive got at the time.. Have several low/mid and high light set ups.
The hygrophilia corymbosa 'angustifolia' is one I have tons of. Grows great in low, medium and high light.. But it like most all Hygrophilia is a major nutrient sucker. Think ive got about 8 different species of hygrow now. Maybe more.. have to look..

But Right now ive got a few different trimmings.
I love to collect plants, been trying to widdle down lol.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Aquaticfan
Wannabe Guru
 
Aquaticfan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I love to collect plants, been trying to widdle down lol.
I have a plant addiction......... I need help..
__________________
Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
Aquaticfan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
kern
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 29
Default

Hey it's a 90 gallon high light co2 injection. It's on my tagline. Aquaticfan I'm also in the fort Collins area and would love anything you can spare!
kern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru
 
Noahma's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
Hey it's a 90 gallon high light co2 injection. It's on my tagline. Aquaticfan I'm also in the fort Collins area and would love anything you can spare!
ehh, I was using my phone app that hides sigs lol.

If you are looking for some red plants, I can always spare a stem or two of Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf' (sends out side shoots like crazy when trimmed)
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Alplily
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Alplily's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Estes Park, CO, USA
Posts: 314
Default

Wonder if we could all do a casual plant swap meet somewhere central to all? I don't have much to offer just yet, but should within a couple of months, including a lovely red stem (ludwigia or rotala... escapes me at the moment). I'd sure love a start of your Pogo sometime, Noahma.
__________________
37 gallon community; 10 gallon S-SS CRS; 2x10 gallon guppies; Specialties: Japan blue guppies (wild type), Ginga sulfureus guppies, Blond platinum LS guppies with purple mutation.
Non-aquatics: Off-track thoroughbred racehorse; 2 Maine Coon-type cats; 2 fluffy house rabbits; 60 orchid plants.

12G Rimless Club
Alplily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
rballi's Avatar
 
PTrader: (13/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Centennial
Posts: 599
Default

i would be down for a plant swap!
__________________
rballi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru
 
Noahma's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
Posts: 3,921
Default

That would be pretty cool. I dont have near as many plants as i used to, but could bring one or two stems for someone. I am doing a massive trim and replant tomorrow, but I am sure no one wants the trimmed parts lol, they are the lower parts of the stems that are starting to get ratty. but after it gets going again, I usually trim the top and allow the side shoots to grow. I do the trims like that for a month or two, then do the total replant of the upper portions. (usually when the stems new growth slows, and I get some stem melt at the bottom.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012