Clay substrate around Greensboro?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > North Carolina

Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Default Clay substrate around Greensboro?

It's a long shot, but does anybody happen to know of a place that sells Turface, Diamond-Pro, or any other baked clay soil in the Greensboro area? There's a John Deere out a ways that might sell Turface, but I'm looking for more options. Steering clear of Oil-Dri, and I'd rather have a high-CEC cheap substrate than simple pool filter sand.

Yes, I know, I could buy Flourite, but a 50lb bag of Turface for $8 beats out a 15lb bag of Flourite for $18 any day. And I'll probably need 120+lbs to fill out a 90g.
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Jett
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Clay substrate around Greensboro?

Did you ever find it? I bought a bag at the John Deere Landscaping near GSO. All they had was red, it was around $16. Also there is a place called Green Resources in Mebane that has the MVP in the natural color, its roughly $10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
ngrubich
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

I don't know of any place in Greensboro that sells it, but there is a landscaping place/supply warehouse in South Charlotte that sells Turface: I bought several 50lb bags of the light tan Turface for super cheap. If you were interested in the drive (I don't know how cost-effective it would be depending on what vehicle you drive --> my jeep gets like 15mpg sitting in the driveway), just let me know and I'll get the name of the place for you.
ngrubich is offline   Reply With Quote