Two German Blue Rams Journal
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
Hrethra
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wink Two German Blue Rams Journal

Hello, I just joined. I wanted to find a site where I could progress on a journal of two blue rams I bought recently just yesterday.

After looking at them closely today, I realized one is a girl and the other is a boy. The boy is a bit more smaller than the female, who is two times bigger. I fed them twice today with a fair good amount- They share a 29g with two pictus cat fish, a bumblebee catfish(not Asian kind), and a red tailed shark who I have decided to separate from them. I want to gradually increase the feeding to threex a day to make them happier and hopefully boost their survival.

My tank has a temp of about closely 83-84 degrees F. I use purified water for it instead of our harsher tap. They're still getting used to the fast moving water in my tank, but I hope they can adjust within the next day or so. Most my other fish I've had had adapted decently to it and no longer have trouble. I know the rams are different though, and a lot more delicate.

Even so, any advice would be appreciated from people who have experience.
Hrethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

I would take out the two pictus cat fish, a bumblebee catfish(not Asian kind), and a red tailed shark... If they breed they eggs want make it..
Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Hrethra
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thank you, I do realize that(currently trying to locate a tank for them), but I've noticed the smaller male has been picking and antagonizing the bigger female. Is there a reason why?
Hrethra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue rams, journal