Greater Victoria, B.C. - New fish club
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Canada

Old 01-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Greater Victoria, B.C. - New fish club

Several fish enthusiasts in the Greater victoria area are starting to toss around the idea of forming a new fish club.. Something that will let us swap fish, shrimp and plants, share idea's and hte like. I will be building a website for the group, but we are still trying to guage interest in the idea.

If you live on Vancouver Island, in the Greater Victoria area, please feel to post a responses indicating interest.

Thanks!

Gareth Dominy
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
christyf5
Algae Grower

I'm in Nanaimo but count me in!

Christy
Old 01-27-2005, 03:15 AM   #3
Aulonochromis
Algae Grower

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I've often wondered why there is not a club on the island. I've seen quite a few people from Van Isle. on various fish forums, there seems to be quite a few hobbyists here. It would be a great resource, especially since the fish stores are really limited in what they sell.
Aulonochromis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
csfish
Algae Grower

Just to borrow this site's title, can it be a "Planted Tank" club? Or does a Fish Club that includes plants (and other critters) have broader appeal?
csfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

Due to the relatively small population that we have here I think it would probably be best to keep as broad a spectrum as possible.

There will most definately be plant specific trades, discussions, etc... But it might be a bit too early to start specifiying down to that level exclusively.

Maybe have it something along the lines of the "Greater Victoria Fish and Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts" or something along those lines..?

Or "Vancouver Island Fish and Aquatic Plant Community" - VIFAP?
Old 01-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #6
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

I am working on getting info together for listing this Group as a non-profit society. This would entitle the group to apply for grants from the CRD (doubtful, but why not)and Lottery commission (so you get money from Bingo nights in the city).

As a registered society we could get import permits for plants and fish, and make orders for rare or hard to find items.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.