Ohio!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Ohio

Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
AoxomoxoA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Default Ohio!!!

Where ya at? Lets have a roll call! Northern is better of course

I'm in Austinburg.

Last edited by AoxomoxoA; 11-06-2012 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: No shrimp
AoxomoxoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Krayz5183
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Im from Akron.Always looking for some shrimp.
Krayz5183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
Burks
Wannabe Guru

Crestline (call it Mansfield) here.

Really not looking to dive into Sulawesi shrimp right *now*. But wait until like June/July when I graduate from nursing school and I'm in 100% for sure. I hope to build a 10-12 tank shrimp system with various shrimp species, hybrids, etc. Will also be looking for other types (Blue Tigers, high grade CRS, Fire Reds, etc).

I'd like to start crossing a bunch of different types and just see what pops up. I won't release the hybrids unless something cool comes up.......rest will just go into a big tank full of random shrimp.
Filstar Pimp #84
Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
AoxomoxoA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burks View Post
Crestline (call it Mansfield) here.

Really not looking to dive into Sulawesi shrimp right *now*. But wait until like June/July when I graduate from nursing school and I'm in 100% for sure. I hope to build a 10-12 tank shrimp system with various shrimp species, hybrids, etc. Will also be looking for other types (Blue Tigers, high grade CRS, Fire Reds, etc).

I'd like to start crossing a bunch of different types and just see what pops up. I won't release the hybrids unless something cool comes up.......rest will just go into a big tank full of random shrimp.
Hey Burks

I'm probably waiting for Spring for more Sulawesis. I scored some new Cardinals so my addiction is in remission at the moment
Let me know when you're ready for any of the shrimp you mentioned, & we'll work out a group pricing for our area. I know a few people (as you may too) who can get any of the shrimp you mentioned, some can get extra niice ones too
Cleveland rocks!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)

Hi guys, I'm from Akron (44303 represent!) and am coming home for the holidays. I am about to take my shrimp tank down and could bring the leftovers up if any one person wants to buy them. I have a few cherries, minami, and snowballs all in the same tank (some say not to do this, but they are maintaining their separate lines). Please PM me if you'd like them. I'd let them go on the cheap. It would need to be Monday, Dec. 20th.

I'd be interested in trading the shrimp for rarer swords or other rosette plants, or I have some rare plants to trade if anyone has anything I want.

cheers,
joel
macclellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
Hi guys, I'm from Akron (44303 represent!) and am coming home for the holidays. I am about to take my shrimp tank down and could bring the leftovers up if any one person wants to buy them. I have a few cherries, minami, and snowballs all in the same tank (some say not to do this, but they are maintaining their separate lines). Please PM me if you'd like them. I'd let them go on the cheap. It would need to be Monday, Dec. 20th.

I'd be interested in trading the shrimp for rarer swords or other rosette plants, or I have some rare plants to trade if anyone has anything I want.

cheers,
joel

Too bad that you only have Neo... I will be all over it if you have some CRS. My last trial with them failed miserably. I always wanted to try again if they ain't that expensive...

btw, are you driving to Akron all the way from Texas? Be safe man, and have a great holiday!!!
justin182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin182 View Post
btw, are you driving to Akron all the way from Texas? Be safe man, and have a great holiday!!!
Texas?!? No mate, I'm from the real UT here in Knoxville, only about 7 hours.
macclellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
UDGags
aka Nick

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to UDGags Send a message via Yahoo to UDGags

I'm in the Dayton area (Kettering)....grew up in Painesville (by Cleveland) though.
UDGags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Burks
Wannabe Guru

I will definitely give you a heads up when I'm ready! I'm focused on taking my 40g breeder and turning it into a shrimp haven. Going to do that paintball CO2 DIY thing along with one of those eBay filters (going to keep my XP2 as backup).

Since I'm on winter break I'm going to take down my tanks and start redoing them, getting them ready for various shrimp species. I have about 15 ten gallon tank, 65g drilled, 125g, and a few 2.5/5g tanks just sitting there. Bought all the smaller tanks for $2 each!
Filstar Pimp #84
Old 12-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
angelsword
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Hey guys!

I grew up in Akron and work in downtown Akron but I live about 20 minutes south in Stark county now. It's nice to see so many locals!

Has anyone been to any meetings at any of the local aquarium clubs?
angelsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #11
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The Ohio section ain't dead after all... I guess quite a few folks here are interested in keeping shrimps. That's great!!

I'm in Cleveland right now, and for various reasons, I quite often drive to Toledo and Cincinnati a few times a year. So, whoever located along the I-71 and I-75 wants to do a swap or whatever, just let me know.

I have RCS now, and I am getting some Fire Red flown in soon as well. I'm definitely down for some sulawesi shrimps, dirty (well, your name sounds dirty...) They are kept in temperature in the 80s, so, I think it's just safer to wait til Spring (heat pack is needed even in spring)... Did you get your cardinals yet? How well did they handle the shipping in the Cleveland winter?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
AoxomoxoA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm definitely down for some sulawesi shrimps, dirty (well, your name sounds dirty...) They are kept in temperature in the 80s, so, I think it's just safer to wait til Spring (heat pack is needed even in spring)... Did you get your cardinals yet? How well did they handle the shipping in the Cleveland winter?
Haha, A Dirty Hermit is what my wife used to call me before marriage & kids. I cannot tell you why

Cardinals will have their overnight journey in the next day or 3, double heat packed for tropical redundancy. I am positive they will be fine as far as temp is concerned. Hopefully the Blizzard of '10 that just passed over doesn't return, we got a lot of snow, & I don't say that every year...
This isn't my 1st time having these shipped, & isn't the shipper's 1st time either. I have a feeling we'll be just fine.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Burks
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
The Ohio section ain't dead after all... I guess quite a few folks here are interested in keeping shrimps. That's great!!

I'm in Cleveland right now, and for various reasons, I quite often drive to Toledo and Cincinnati a few times a year. So, whoever located along the I-71 and I-75 wants to do a swap or whatever, just let me know.

I have RCS now, and I am getting some Fire Red flown in soon as well. I'm definitely down for some sulawesi shrimps, dirty (well, your name sounds dirty...) They are kept in temperature in the 80s, so, I think it's just safer to wait til Spring (heat pack is needed even in spring)... Did you get your cardinals yet? How well did they handle the shipping in the Cleveland winter?
Gotta ask, where did you get the Fire Reds?
Filstar Pimp #84
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #14
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

Hey local Ohio-ians! Located in central Ohio, in the small town of Fredericktown. I have a small 5 gal tank where I work that has cherry shrimp in it. Just wanted to give a shout out. To bad everyone is spread out all over the state. Burks is the closest to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burks View Post
Gotta ask, where did you get the Fire Reds?

Nicole, who else will I get my shrimps from! I believe Dirty is getting his Cardinals from her as well. I'm actually getting THE painted fire red, but since they haven't arrived and they aren't adults, I don't wanna crown them as the PAINTED fire red yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalltheway View Post
Hey local Ohio-ians! Located in central Ohio, in the small town of Fredericktown. I have a small 5 gal tank where I work that has cherry shrimp in it. Just wanted to give a shout out. To bad everyone is spread out all over the state. Burks is the closest to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Burks actually just told me about the Aquarium Adventure in Columbus. How you like it? I will probably drive down there in the weekend so I will pay a visit!

ps: do they have any manzanita branches? lol... probably not, just wanna ask anyway!