The Planted Tank Forum banner

What do you think of this hardscape?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DogFish 
#1 ·
What do you guys and gals think of this hardscape? I've played around a bunch and I thinks this is it. Mostly because I'm tired of moving it around. Wood Art Rectangle Dish Cuisine

How exactly I'm going to put in the plants is the next thing. The big honking rock on the raised part is going to be completely covered up with I think Blyxa Japonica

See less See more
#7 ·
I would slightly angle the one rock that is parallel to the sides of the tank on the right hand side, so that the point is towards the left hand side of the tank. I would also suggest putting some more soil around the two rocks on the R hand side or bury them a little more; once the plants fill it should look good.

#8 ·
TBH I think you could get rid or cover the rocks completely except for the front one. I think they detract from the wood. They are very square and not at all natural looking. It kind of divides your tank into two, one with a nice scape and the other with a retaining wall. Either that or you should do as suggested above and cover/move them. If it were mine they would be gone all together.

Then I'd move the wood a bit to the right. or at least try moving the back piece. However don't move it unless you get rid of the rocks.

Spread the substrate to increase the back level a bit too (or add more). If you don't then to me the raised section is on the wrong side in relation to the wood.

Linds

#10 ·
I also agree with Farmer's thoughts. Lose the rocks OR use them in the left rear to create height, if possible try to keep the driftwood as it is. This would create a dramatic elevation variance. The tank would be more interesting. Them the left would be planted with taller plants to further enhance the effect, lower growth or low trimmed plants to the right side. This would create a hill to meadow or island to sea look. Try to hide your heater/plumbing in the left corner to complete the Aquascaping Contestant level look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.