The Planted Tank Forum banner

Stocking a cube. Suggestions Please

803 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  partobe 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone
I just picked up a 27 gallon cube yesterday(see cube thread). It's up and running so now Im thinking about what I want to put in it.
I wanted to do a species tank of pea puffers but from what I read they like live food so Im starting to get a little concerned I may not be able to supply them with enough food. If anyone has pea puffers please feel free to chime in. So now Im looking for a plan B. Im not a big fan of live bearers in my 40 gallon I have rams cardinal tetras panda corys . So I would rather have something different than I already have.
Thanks

#2 ·
your 27 gallon tank is quite huge to house pea puffers. You might consider getting colorful schooling fish or something less aggressive to provide variety of species.

I'm going with Ruby tetras and dwarf pencil fish with my new 55 gallon setup with a school of cories.

#10 ·
Thanks R.sok for some reason to save my life I can't raise snails. Iv had freshwater tanks all my life and even had salt water tanks and a 150 gallon reef tank. Never have I had a snail last more than a few weeks. I think maybe I clean the tanks to often. How long have you had your puffers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.