The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hello Isaac :(

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  jake10 
#1 ·

Hope it doesen't hit us. I have to move everything in from my balcony :( they're probably going to make me move the mud bucket too (24g).

Can 100 mph wind blow over a 250lb bucket filled with water and sand?

See less See more
#4 ·
I really don't think it would tip over, although I live in Kansas so I have not been able to experience any hurricane force winds. That being said there have been a few times when the weather has been pretty bad and we have gotten occasional straight winds that have been around around 80mph.

I would be worried about something hitting and breaking/cracking the container though.

#6 ·
Just cloudy skies, calm before the storm. I brought *EVERYTHING* inside, took all freakin morning, but I did manage to make it to the planted aquarium store too to get $50+ of fish... 8 Boraras Brigittae, and 6 Emerald Dwarf Rasboras, and 1 lone Boraras Brigittae that was not as colorful.

#13 ·
I know the guys near the gulf usually get it bad during huricane season though the weather seems pretty awesome the rest of the time. Good luck over the next few days and on house closing. Its a pretty awesome next step and you'll likely have a 120g experiment or outdoor pond on the horizon :)

We traditionally have the extreme four seasons in the north east so keeping livestock here (plus the racoons) isn't as viable. Any pool of water would be a potential breeding bed for these asian tiger mosquitos too... But I digress. G/L dude.

#14 ·
I know the guys near the gulf usually get it bad during huricane season though the weather seems pretty awesome the rest of the time. Good luck over the next few days and on house closing. Its a pretty awesome next step and you'll likely have a 120g experiment or outdoor pond on the horizon :)

We traditionally have the extreme four seasons in the north east so keeping livestock here (plus the racoons) isn't as viable. Any pool of water would be a potential breeding bed for these asian tiger mosquitos too... But I digress. G/L dude.

#22 ·
How was the storm down by you xenxes? We have only been getting light misting all day. The radar said it was raining completely over the Tampa Bay area but there was nothing but light misting all day long. I'm seeing some yellow coming our way now but who knows what we will really get. Hope all is well down by ya.

#25 ·
What high winds? This is a non event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.