The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any stores in Seattle carry ADA?

5K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Seattle_Aquarist 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'll be driving up to Seattle from Utah for business, and was wondering if there were any stores there that carried ADA products such as Aquasoil and Power Sand. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks : D

#4 ·
No one carries ada stuff up here in the Pacific Northwest :(
Not from my lack of trying to get some wholesalers to carry it... check out:

Aquarium Design Group | flash detection

or

http://www.yelp.com/biz/XYGT0_5YkPk-z_3xea-pOw

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/california/24669-aqua-forest.html?highlight=ada+forest

you will have to pay shipping... If you belong to GSAS you might be able to get everyone in on a group order and get a great deal on the soil with whiteglove shipping to someones business.

Cheers, Whitepine

#8 ·
#13 ·
The store is now called Fishaholics. It is somewhat small, but does carry some ADA products. They have items that other stores don't have, but it really is a hole in the wall. It is surprising that for such a small store, they don't seem to fully utilize their space; many tanks are empty and not a lot of hard goods.

However, they do carry rimless tanks, aquasoil, seiryu stone, shrimp, and things for planted tanks.

1207 S Jackson St
Ste 108
(between S 12th Ave & S Boren Ave)
Seattle, WA 98144
Neighborhood: International District

#15 ·
If you're going through Portland, OR, there's a must-see store called The Wet Spot Tropical Fish. They're the biggest on the west coast and have everything. Literally. Including ADA Aquasoil.

#17 ·
SO jealous of you! I love the 'Spot! Never been to the other places. I guess I have some sightseeing to do when I'm in there next!

#19 ·
Hi All,

I have to agree with Mary, Seattle area LFS have some great plants if you know where to look. Occasionally A Place for Pets in Burien has Java Fern 'Trident' and Pogostemon erectus. At Sierra Fish and Pets in Renton they regularly have Nymphoides sp 'Taiwan' and occasionally they have Hygrophila pinnatifida.

Robert may have to make a trip up to Seattle and do some scouting; the selection of aquatic plants in Seattle has changed substantially in the last few years!

-Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.