The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Nano tank! Need advice

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  csf 
#1 ·

Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

what do you think?:icon_roll

Heres my new 2.5 gal tank im starting im going to have co2 system on here. what kind of fish do you think i should put in here? what kind of substrate? i just picked up one of those nano filters so the sponge filter will be gone.

:fish1:

See less See more
#2 ·
Rye22 said:

Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

what do you think?:icon_roll

Heres my new 2.5 gal tank im starting im going to have co2 system on here. what kind of fish do you think i should put in here? what kind of substrate? i just picked up one of those nano filters so the sponge filter will be gone.

:fish1:
Looks nice...what light fixture is that? I would put some nice endlers or guppies. If it is well planted you could throw in some cherry(adult ones)or amanos

#7 ·
Have you joined up with SFBAAPS.com? I'm sure someone would give you a couple cups of soilmaster or some other substrate. You wouldn't want a 50# bag for just your nano :wink:. Lesco.com will get you a distributor of soilmaster.

I would consider ADA aquasoil for a nano. It's a good way to experiment with the substrate. Did you have to swap out the bulbs for your Odyessa?

Keep us posted! :proud:

the KK

#11 ·
I got lucky and bought a damaged bag of onyx sand for my nano. Maybe you could check w/ your LFS and see if any of bags were torn during shipping and you could buy whatever is left at a discount?

I ended up with 7-8 lbs for about half the normal price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.