The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Store

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  jamypac 
#1 ·
Is anybody going to go to this new store that is opening in Timonium, Md. It is called CTE Aquatics and they are planning to open in early September. So far the progress is looking really good and it looks very well organized. They have a facebook page if you want to check it out. Finally another store after the closings of some of the best stores in this area. I can not wait! :bounce::icon_bigg

#7 ·
Yeah Exotic Aquatics was my favorite store even though I had only been going there 4 or 5 months before they closed. It was a lot like one of my other favorite stores called Scales Tropical Fish Warehouse which closed down a few years ago. Maryland has always had better stores but now there are a lot less good stores making it hard to find decent fish.

#10 ·
I stoped by on Saturday to check this store out. Like they said only salt water now. It is a warehouse with tanks in it and not to much inventory or supplies. Kind of reminds me of that show Tanked when they go to the fish supply store and pick out the fish, just tanks and no gravel. I will have to go back next month when they get the fresh water in.
As for prices I don't know what salt water fish cost to compare , tanks were clean and the fish were very healthy.
I wish them well and hope they do good.

#17 ·
I was in CTE Aquatics this past Wednesday (2/25/15), and they had a fairly decent stock of freshwater fish. They said that they're going to start getting plants in too. They had some willow moss for sale at $9 a bunch, but I didn't buy any (even though I'm looking for some) because the tank it was in had both snails and duck weed. They also had some big Amazon swords for sale, and they had some other plants that weren't for sale because they're trying to propagate them (water wisteria, some vals, and I think the other one was dwarf saggitaria).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.