The Planted Tank Forum banner

Time for some new projects!

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  rocketdude1234 
#1 ·
Well, we're finally in our house and working on some projects. :)

This weekend we hit up Petco for the last day of their $1/g sale and bought 2x 40g breeders and 2x 20h (thank you Bandera location.)

Right now we're still in the stand design phase since building two six foot stands requires a little planning, but we have somewhat figured out what we'd like to stock them with. We have an open spot though and would love some suggestions (maybe some gudgeons, Will lol).

Right now we want to split the 40 breeders in half and have shrimp (RCS and BTOE) in opposite tanks, and African cichlids and something else sharing the other half of those respective tanks (RCS and Africans, BTOE and something). This way the bioload is smaller than if we had two species of fish in both sides.

As far as the 20 highs go, we're thinking a smaller species of pleco in one and some blue rams we've been working on.

All tanks will be bare bottom and have only the hardscape needed for breeding and various plants that we've been growing, either potted or bunched.

Oh yea, I also wanted to show off the backyard......oh boy do I have room to work :) Will, I hope you're ready to dig :icon_wink

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I built the first backyard basin and got some spaces planted. Digging is terrible in this ground but I managed to get a pretty decent hole. Measurements are 78"x36"x8". I used MGOPM and pea pebbles to cap. Plants so far are Ludwigia Repens, Myrio Filigree, Mayaca Fluviatilis, rotala rotundifolia, hygrophila polysperma, limnophila aromatica, bacopa caroliniana, and some pennywort. I will be adding some lobelia cardinalis and have a good amount of space left for others. So if you have any ideas toss em out there.

Oh and a picture of a flowering bacopa caroliniana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.