The Planted Tank Forum banner

Amazon thinks I'm shady

934 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Black Adam 
#1 ·
So, am I the only one who's bought planted aquarium stuff on Amazon and now every other recommendation from them is for something that is not so subtly, or just blatantly for growing weed?

#7 ·
I first picked up on this trend (because I'm like Batman and Sherlock Holmes combined) when they recommended a book called "How to grow Marijuana in Your House," or some such. I removed that but there's still these super intense lights, some, I believe they were a kind of super deluxe carabiner, for attaching heavy, heavy lights to, and every kind of plant fertilizer, chemical, tester and vessel. But not just little clay pots or planters, insulated and enclosed closet sized units.

It's interesting, and amusing, but I worry I'm going to end up on a government list.

Come to think of it, I remember when a friend and I were buying a case of 4' fluorescent plant bulbs from Home Depot and the guy who was helping us get them down said: "I know what you're up to. College is starting up again, huh? I get a bunch of you every year."

We tried to explain but he was not convinced. But at least that guy wasnt sending me any emails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.