The Planted Tank Forum banner

HELP ME convert this to shrimp (10g plants only)

5K views 44 replies 6 participants last post by  kcoscia 
#1 · (Edited)
beginning!

eco complete is coming via mail shortly
plants will be anubias, wisteria, anacharis, java fern (all from my main 10g)

equipment:
10g tank
aquatech filter 10g
tetra ht10 heater

this will be the tiny snail house as well, since now i have at least four if not more:proud:

See less See more
#12 ·
got some plants in today! i dont want to post pictures until i get a substrate cap/more eco complete!
but here is some moss that i got (dont have anything in the tank to put it on yet, in search of a center piece but can't seem to pull the trigger)

#14 ·
put the CFLs in today and set up a timer for two 3 hour periods with a two hour break, 6 total hours!
i will be posting pictures when i get more substrate. right now the tank is a mess with floating stem plants and all sorts of stuff since I dont have enough substrate to keep stems down

#15 ·
holy plants!

:eek:
i got so many plants in the mail today!

so i laid down black sand to cap my eco complete to create depth.

then i planted and planted and planted!

wait till you see it. tomorrow i will post a picture. it's planted chaos but it excites me :)

maybe i will actually scape it soon. today i just had to get everything settled.

#17 ·
okay here it is!
completely unscaped chaos, with new black sand cap!

water sprite, various crypts, corkscrew vals, moneywort, a tiny bit of cabomba, java fern, floating creeping jenny that may or may not amount to nothing.

now, can you guys help me identify the front left (tiny little stems) left of the heater (reddish upper leaves) small one next to the slightly red, and then the one to the left of the heater?

also, rocks are coming in the mail to center piece this tank. they will have java moss once they arrive. any suggestions when I attempt a real scape?

#27 ·
update here
this tank is kind of all over the place, not much of a scape. uprooted plants the other day and was surprised to see many great root systems. hoping plants will keep growing and fill out
starting excel tomorrow morning! 1mL everyday except sundays as well

#28 ·
I want to convert this to shrimp tank

This tank is a cluster with many types of plants.
I want to convert it to a shrimp tank!

So this will be a long time frame plan. Honestly I would be surprised if I got this done before December with school and everything, so I want this to be a good plan.

So it's a 10 gallon typical tank
I want to upgrade my lighting, thinking marine land double bright LEDs
probably means i will need the clear cover, or will the shrimp really jump ship?
Filtration I want a dual sponge filter OR?! maybe I can connect this 10 and my other 10 to a canister?
I have a good heater in there already
I want hardy shrimp only: suggestions?

#31 ·
So it's a 10 gallon typical tank
I want to upgrade my lighting, thinking marine land double bright LEDs
probably means i will need the clear cover, or will the shrimp really jump ship?
Filtration I want a dual sponge filter OR?! maybe I can connect this 10 and my other 10 to a canister?
I have a good heater in there already
I want hardy shrimp only: suggestions?
Awesome, congrats on switching to shrimp! What you'll need is to ditch the heater depending on where you live as shrimp are a cold water species. A canister annnnnd a dual sponge (for biofilm) would be good for this tank and if you're just starting then go cherry shrimp. Hope this helps,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.