The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tips for heteranthea zosterfolia?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Wasserpest 
#1 ·
Ive been growing some stargrass in my 20 long for quite some time now, its really taking a foot hold but it seems to have black marks on it.. its 2.5wpg 16-18ppm co2 and im dosing the tank with flourish for now..i tryed growing some out in my 4wpg 29 and it rotted away. what gives?

#2 ·
This plant is a true weed for me given enough macro/micros(with/without CO2, high/low light). My guess is, your nutrient dosing is lacking. Under high light, Flourish alone will not be sufficient, you need more NO3, PO4, K, possibly iron.

#4 ·
Alright, I should be out of flourish and such very soon, cant wait to start using all my dry nutrients :)

#5 ·
I am sensing some misunderstanding here...

Plants need BOTH macros and micros. If you are dosing Flourish now, this will take care of micros. Macros are even more important, but waiting until Flourish is out and then going to macro dosing isn't the way to go. Both need to be added concurrently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.