The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need help, Tank is leaking!

711 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Aquaman6410 
#1 ·
I have a brand new aqueon evolve 8. It's been going through a dry start with HC and everything was good. Filled it today and I noticed a puddle under the tank. Looked at the back and there was a dripping, but steady coming from about 2 inches across the back bottom seam. It seems siliconed tight but somehow water is getting through. I couldn't reach aqueon now so I drained it as much as I could. Propped up the back end and in emergency used some JB WaterWeld (epoxy potable water safe, reefers use it) over the leak and it stopped leaking. It has a set time of 15 minutes and a cure time of 1 hour. Do you think this would be safe to use or could something bad happen? I don't think 8 gallons of water is a lot of pressure but I don't want it to bust or something. It was leaking from the black wall part, like the filtration chamber part. I will post pics in a second...

#4 · (Edited)
It's two month's old so I have to contact aqueon but still pretty new. Tried calling but got voicemail multiple times even though they say they are open. I emailed them but they probably wont do much since I modified the filter a bit even though it has nothing to do with the leak. I'm just so aggravated because I had this great dry start for 8 weeks and now it was just possibly wasted time. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.